Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

Default Lord Seru Vs. Overlord Mata Muram

I always thought it would be cool to fight Lord Inquisitor Seru against Overlord Mata Muram and just see who would win. I wonder what it would take to see this happen Sure would be interesting to watch. Hehe.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
WildcardX
Developer

spawn them near each other and oppose their factions and then watch the show...
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjjj77
I always thought it would be cool to fight Lord Inquisitor Seru against Overlord Mata Muram and just see who would win. I wonder what it would take to see this happen Sure would be interesting to watch. Hehe.

#findnpctype Lord_Inquisitor_Seru
#dbspawn (NPCID)
#findnpctype Overlord_Mata_Muram
#dbspawn (NPCID)
/target Overlord_Mata_Muram
#attack Lord_Inquisitor_Seru00 or try Lord_Inquisitor_Seru01

Have fun
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
ndnet
Hill Giant

Don't forget to edit the zone_chr.txt to get them both in the same zone at the same time ;o
Old 04-23-2006, 03:08 PM
klinzhai
Sarnak

Seru would get his a$$ handed to him.... we kicked his hiney with 10 people and we weren't even Elemental Plane equipped (mostly VT geared). You can pretty much figure that bosses will win based upon what expansion they were in and how many it took to take them down. Serious raid targets will basically go according to what expansion they were in (Aten Ha Ra would get pounded by any PoP Gods like Terris Thule, but would pummel King Tormax into the dirt without breaking a sweat -- I wouldn't be suprised to see Quarm get crushed by the GoD or Omens bosses).
Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 AM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

On the contrary I think Seru has a very good chance of winning. Mata'Muram takes physical damage where Seru does not. Also, Seru resists everything MR based so those are two huge ways Seru would have an advantage. Now neither of them would be slowed but for Seru it would be like Mata'Muram wasn't even hitting him! Since he doesn't take any physical damage. Also, Seru has some killer hp too. I have done Lord Inquisitor Seru with 3 people on Drinal but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't give Mata'muram a good run for his money. I think Seru would give a lot of post raid bosses a good run for the money. It would a fight worth watching.

Last edited by therealjjj77; 04-25-2006 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I hadn't considered the immunity, but with the 4khp cold spell (Gaze of Anguish) Mata casts, his Gaze (which is HARD to resist... -600vs Magic), which slows by 90% in addition to the 3khp dmg, Torment of Body (another 3k dmg spell), the silence he casts and Wail of Anguish (10 second stun)... I'm not so sure that Seru would really stand a chance. His only prayer is his army of Priests, who probably won't last long betwen the AEs and stuns.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 PM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

Gaze would not land, Seru resists everything that is MR based. Bottom line is that Mata muram would only do 4k cold damage as often as he uses that spell and I think Mata'muram casts another spell that would not be MR based. I can also tell you've never tanked Seru =P. He casts this stupid 20 second stun that's nearly impossible to resist. Very annoying too =). So Mata' Muram would put out a little damage on Seru, but I wouldn't be surprised if Seru took him down. I'm gonna try to make my own server just for kicks and let ya know what happens.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 AM
klinzhai
Sarnak

I don't think it will work with the emulator. Seru has "MR" as 324. Actually all his resists are 324.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Tzerinth
Fire Beetle

Will have to give a try and maybe post a vid somewhere, any other fights to try?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:47 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Actually you're all forgetting something - most of the bosses and most mobs for that part in eqemu aren't exactly what they are in EQlive. Mobs do not hit in eqemu like they do in eqlive for one, secondly the monster's stats won't affect them in exactly the same way, so in essence pitting these two mobs against each other in eqemu will yield eqemu results, which might be fun to watch but it wouldn't be true to eqlive. The entire combat system is off in eqemu, so if someone was able to fix it, you could get much better shows and better results. Just a heads up anyway.

Regards,
SI
Old 05-03-2006, 01:05 AM
therealjjj77
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicintuition
Actually you're all forgetting something - most of the bosses and most mobs for that part in eqemu aren't exactly what they are in EQlive. Mobs do not hit in eqemu like they do in eqlive for one, secondly the monster's stats won't affect them in exactly the same way, so in essence pitting these two mobs against each other in eqemu will yield eqemu results, which might be fun to watch but it wouldn't be true to eqlive. The entire combat system is off in eqemu, so if someone was able to fix it, you could get much better shows and better results. Just a heads up anyway.

Regards,
SI

Yeah, i noticed. =( Seru isn't invulnerable on EQemu and doesn't have a gazillion hp. I just wanted to watch a mob that I have trioed on live take down an uber raid mob that still gives most top end raids a hard time. $$

Also, if his resists aren't what they are on live it wouldn't be the same kind of fight as it should be. Plus, I don't think anyone has the data yet to reproduce OMM on eqemu.