Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Default Cleric bot healing mobs?

I'm currently using rev 1141 (no custom code). While playing on this Rev, I noticed that a lot of the mobs health bar would go up and down during a fight instead of steadily down like it did with previous builds (1112 and earlier). Today, I started paying closer attention to my battle spam and noticed this:
Code:
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:21 2010] Elliot begins to cast a spell.
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:23 2010] Tanku scores a Finishing Blow!!
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:23 2010] a rusted model has been slain by Tanku!
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:23 2010] You gain party experience!!
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:23 2010] Pusher begins to cast a spell.
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:26 2010] Rogue looks very tranquil.
[Sat Jan 23 11:47:26 2010] A rusted model's wounds fade away.
Elliot is a Cleric bot. I found this bot is casting "Ethereal Remedy" on the target that the group is attempting to kill.

I removed all cleric nukes from my 701 (cleric bot) spell list, because i wanted them to save mana for heals and buffs. To take advantage of the new AI changes, I added all of the level 50 - 60 cleric heals into the cleric bot spells list (single target quick cast and single target HOTs). While the group and player heals are awesome now, the mob healing is a bit of a surprise.

Anyone else noticing this also?
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

I take back my statement about when my cleric started healing the mob we're trying to kill. I reverted to Rev 1112, and noticed my cleric was healing the mob we were killing. I then reverted to Rev 1085, and the cleric then stopped healing the target we were killing.

Additionally, I found that as soon as I logged in to server Rev1085, my enchanter cast KEI on the group and the cleric cast Acient: Gift of Aegolism on the group, AND my chanter started casting Boon of the Garou on itself again (didn't notice it stopped doing that before). All toons/bots in the group were wearing single target versions prior to reverting to Rev 1085.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

It isn't just the cleric who is healing the mobs, the druid also healed the mob that the group was fighting. So it looks like the healing overall.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

I noticed this a while back when we implemented the new Bot AI code.

Latest revisions should resolve it.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

sweet, I'll have to check them out then. Thanks for the reply
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

nope... Just tried out Rev1159. My cleric is still healing the things we're trying to kill. I looked through the change logs between 1159 and 1163 and didn't see any changes to the botspellsai.cpp or bot.cpp files... so i'm certain it's not fixed in the latest revisions
Old 01-29-2010, 01:10 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

a light bulb just came on while preparing to add my Cleric bot nukes back into the 701 spell list. The npc_spells_entries table indexes the id column (in addition to the npc_spells_id and spellid columns). Anyway, my first monification to my cleric's spell list was to remove nukes (spell "type" 1) to force them to save mana. Later, I added in additional heal spells to that list. However, when I did so, I did not define an "id" for the new heals. So, MySQL would have automatically assigned an id to the spell, and as a result it's highly likely that the id that the spell picked up was one of the ids that the nukes use to have.

If the new bot code uses the "id" column to identify spells (instead of spellid), and doesn't check the 'type' column while deciding where or not to cast the spell, this could cause the bot to cast a heal on the target that is being killed, if the npc_spell_entries table has been altered in the way mine has.

Anyway, I'm going to add my nukes back into the cleric spell list, compile the latest source and see if it fixes anything for me.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

just proved my thoughts incorrect. I compared my 701 spells tables, so using the "id" column is definitely not what causes my healers to heal the mob we're killing...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Well, I added my cleric nukes back into their spell list, and they've stopped healing mobs.

However, it seems my druids or my shamans are still healing mobs, and they're still using their default spell lists...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

You can add Ranger, Beastlords, and Paladins too. I've seen them heal the mobs. Does that happen to you prickle?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

hmmm... my druids for sure are healing mobs (stopped spawning my ranger+druid group during raids because of it)... haven't played with just my ranger bots out... don't have any beastlord bots, or paladins for that matter
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Yeah raiding gets messy when my healers heal the raid boss. lol Like he needs more help.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Yeah, when I first started noticing the healing was going on, it was against a raid boss that I should have been able to easily smack down. Instead, with all the healing the raid boss was receiving, the raid wiped at 50% raid boss health. When it got to that point, I noticed that the raid boss's health would go down 2% and go back up 1%, then eventually down 1% and back up 1%, and then just before total wipe it was going up more than it was going down.

I updated to Rev 1192 yesterday, and with nukes in place, it seems my group's cleric takes longer to decide whether or not to heal me, or which heal to use on me than it did when it had no nukes to choose from.

I'm gonna compare the code between 1085 and 11** revs to see if i can figure out how to make my cleric function without nukes. I'm not very good with C++, but I can sort of make heads and tails out o fit...
Old 01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WkimWes View Post
You can add Ranger, Beastlords, and Paladins too. I've seen them heal the mobs. Does that happen to you prickle?
yup, just confirmed my Ranger bots are casting Sylvan Light on the targets I'm killing... I just yanked that spell out of my Ranger bot spell list...

gonna test a bit more... i ~think~ i've fixed my druids......
Old 01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

I'm not entirely sure why this would make a difference, but I added ' #include "spdat.h" ' to my bot.h file and recompiled and my druids are no longer healing the target that we're killing.

To the best of my knowledge, including spdat.h in the bot.h file shouldn't make a difference because mob.h has an include statement for spdat.h, and bot.h includes mob.h.