Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 05-30-2011, 02:58 AM
greed80
Fire Beetle

Sorry for the delay, I ended up reformating my desktop and starting over. The server set up real smooth and can log in freely, it didn't seem like I had any issues with MySQL but I'm still new with this. I get the same thing!! I did use the SoD client this time rather than the Titanium.

I still feel lost with the configs and user id and passwords.

host=localhost (This should be right, all work being done from my desktop/server)
user=eq (User and Password are both default to "eq" right? I don't make any changes to those regardless of my MySQL user or password?)
password=eq
database=peq (this refers to the main DB right? not the database folder I made on my C drive, which I labeled peqdb?)
everquest_folder=Z:\EverQuest_SoD (does this need to have the "_SoD or _titanium"? or can I leave that as just Everquest only?)
quest_folder=c:\EQEmu\quests

oh, with the new installation I did make sure and install the drivers you linked above, copied all the ".ocx" files from the resources folder over to my system32 folder, and ran the registration... all came back as suceeded, but I get the same message still!

1 more thing, I am still failing your "test connection", but then again I am not sure about the 4 entries. %

1. user name
2. password
3. DB
4. Host

It seems those should match up with the entries on the DB.ini (incidently, the DB.ini file itself doesn't need to be anywhere specific does it? I have it in the same folder it downloaded in, on my desktop.)
Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Wolfling
Fire Beetle

i will try and make this as clear as i can )

host < this is either localhost or 127.0.0.1 - tells where to find your database
user / user name < this is the user name you used when you installed mysql
password < this is the password you used when you installed mysql
database / db < this is the database where the game data is held within mysql

the other two fields in db.ini are only needed if you want to mess with spells/quests.
db.ini needs to be in same folder as the main exe's, dosn't matter where on your computer

did you install m/s networking when you reinstalled?
make sure you run ODBC_DRIVERS.zip, the one from GeorgeS's main page.
and also run the register_ocx.bat inside the resources folder.

This should allow to connect to mysql, if not, then mysql is probably not running.
Did you set mysql to autostart when windows loads?

And also have you tried what GeorgeS suggested
i.e
try to connect with heidisql or
mysql -u eq --password=eq

eq's = mysql user name & password

Wolf
Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 AM
greed80
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply Wolfling, I did go back and check my login's in the DB.ini. Once I changed the user to "root" and use my MySQL password it let me in! Could have sworn I did that last night but it was really late when I was trying lol. Also installed the Heidisql after you reminded me, I forgot I hadn't done this since I reinstalled and was finally able to connect!

Thanks for all the help getting this up and running everyone!

(Georges, I think you were right about the MySQL not being installed right the first time.)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Hi George...

Been having a good time with your editors; they're excellent.

Noted on the solo server package (Djerv's) that he had some Amethyst Summonings running around Everfrost. Wife didn't like it, so I went into the NPC Editor and brought up Everfrost. Clicked the Amethyst Summoners and selected Grid_Spawn_Group_Tools (Spawn Editor) and just deleted them from the zone.

Worked great.

However, noted that some goblins were missing from the igloos down in the southwest and figured I could use the tool to put some gobboes there. Clicked the existing ice goblin scout from the main table and selected Grid_Spawn_Group_Tools (Spawn Editor) again. Used Find on 30016 (an_ice_goblin_scout) and selected Everfrost_58 which gave a 100% spawn chance.

Under Spawn Locations, I clicked the [+] Row and added my /loc coordinates for the positions in and around the igloos. I repeated that 4 times for 4 new goblin spawns. Hit Save and even Save Loot on the main table.

Restarted the server: nothing in the 4 new spawn spots.

Went back into the tool and used New_Spawngroup_id button and added in one set of /loc coordinates there to test it. Hit Save and restarted the server. Nothing in the 1 new spawn spot.

I'm sure this is something stupidly simple, but what am I missing? How do I add an NPC using your tool?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Derision
Developer

Are you sure you got the x and y coordinates the right way round ?

/loc returns y, x, z
#loc returns x, y, z
Old 09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
saarr
Fire Beetle

did you convert the loc from in game? cause the games loc system is different then that of the emu locations, like in emu it is X,Y,Z , now the game uses Y,X,Z for some reason and has always been that way. Not sure if that is the issue you are having cause when i used the tools a few months ago the i had to switch the X and the Y to get them in the spot i wanted them in.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Oh?

Well hell. I bet I have a tone of goblins somewhere stuck on some wall.....

I used /loc. Will swap the X and Y.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Worked great, thanks!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

George? Does the NPC Loot Editor support hair color changes?

I've found the texture and helm texture differences, and noted I can change the face. Figured I'd ask before opening up the individual NPC file in the DB and hunting for hair.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I believe if you use 'old edit' you should be able to see the field you want to edit. I believe all database fields are editable with that older viewer.

George

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Ah, okay, thanks.

When I click on the NPC edit icon, I get the NPC editor window but don't see anything about Old Edit. I recall only seeing that on the item editor?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

ah sorry, I should have read it more clearly. There is no current way with the npc editor. If you know the fields, I can add them in

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
trevius
Developer

There are a lot of fields that don't show up in the editor yet. Some are more useful than others, but at some point, most (or all) of them would be useful. To keep from having too many fields in the editor, it would be nice if there was a way to set a preference for which fields to display. Maybe a window with check boxes for each field or something so you can pick which ones are needed. This would work out nice so you can keep it really simple for normal edits, but then pop in a few extra fields when they are needed as well. Wouldn't hurt if the order of the fields could be saved as a preference too, but that isn't as important.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Yeah, I'm not real sure many would appreciate the differences in faces or hair styles/color.

On my server I have some recognizable names from stories or movies and I like to make the NPCs somewhat resemble the names (Titus Pullo did not have green hair).

Most probably don't care.

In any event, I found in the db where the fields are: npc_types table, face, luclin_hairstyle, luclin_haircolor, luclin_eyecolor, luclin_eyecolor2 (1 for each eye?), luclin_beardcolor, and luclin_beard.

I can use these as is, but have to close the table each change and zone to see what my randomly plugged numbers create.

Not sure if there is a #command to reload the selected npc and have the changes immediately apparent. Tried a few and none seemed to do what I wanted. Not sure the effort would be worth it if I'm the only one who cares about hair color
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You should be able to use #fixmob to change what you want. To save what you changed use #npcedit featuresave.