Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Extended Target: Can FD and clear agro and targets fall off. Can not COTH (clear agro) and have targets fall off the list. Minor aspect but when agro is cleared, no matter how, that window should clear as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Extended Target: Can FD and clear agro and targets fall off. Can not COTH (clear agro) and have targets fall off the list. Minor aspect but when agro is cleared, no matter how, that window should clear as well.
Does that issue also happen on UF, or is RoF the only client with that bug? If it also happens on UF, then it doesn't belong in this thread. Instead, it should have a separate bug post made in the bug reports section of the forums.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

This is an existing issue, I submitted a patch a while back and it was working on PEQ then FM stopped clearing the window http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35645

That patched fixed 3 out of 4 of the cases I tested, the other being when the mob patched back to spawn (no quick and easy way to doing as far as I could tell)
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

I see the other thread was bumped thanks. I searched the SOD,UF and ROF dev threads for extended target reports and it came up negative, only reason I posted here.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 AM
trevius
Developer

FYI, I rebuilt the RoF test server I have been running to help with the testing for RoF. I ran into some issues with cmake and the old Debian Etch build I was running for that test server, so I rebuilt it on Debian Squeeze fro scratch. This means that anyone that was playing/testing on that server had their characters wiped.

I have the new build mostly done, but I still need to enable all of the GM commands again. I will try to get that all finished later this morning.

With the latest updates, the RoF client is getting very close to being finished. There are still a few big things left to work out, but it is already very playable for most stuff.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

I was playing around last night w/ Rev2434 and noticed that buffs were 10x on RoF clients (but normal on UF clients). For example, my ranger's HP buff was giving me 700HP instead of 70 and my cleric's HP buff was giving 8000 instead of 800. However, the health would not heal past what it should be. So, for example, when my cleric buffed me, my HPs displayed went from 3500 to 11500, but I would not heal past 4300. If I zone, the max HP displayed drops down to the proper level (i.e. 4300).
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Davood
Discordant

I got this working today

wow that is so awesome- the post effects in the graphics engine look amazing! I really would love to only use the RoF client!

anyways, a question: is there a plan to extend the item table / npc_types table and questmanager so that we can play with the hero forge textures as part of server design? I'd love to retroactively change graphics in the game for items and npcs

also are hero forge armors tintable?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Tracking doesn't work w/ RoF clients.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

another thiing dont work I have noticed is /hidecorpse all and /hidecorpse none do not work but /hidecorpse looted works as should. Be nice see them fixed if possible also down road as not able show what looted if miss item if use hidecorpse looted.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Derision
Developer

Tracking and /hidecorpse should now work.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

I seen 2 other things it seems weird when die it says all kinds weird stuff when goign back bind point but not a issue to me but thought I say so. The other seems no rez spells do anything and not played on a server allows to rez but on this client they do nothing. And one other I thought this client when die isnt supposed unscribe spells mem in spell bar it did when I died on test server.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

Run speed is faster when casting from ROF client as opposed to UF, used #cast 278 from both clients..clicked off between client cast...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
I seen 2 other things it seems weird when die it says all kinds weird stuff when goign back bind point but not a issue to me but thought I say so. The other seems no rez spells do anything and not played on a server allows to rez but on this client they do nothing. And one other I thought this client when die isnt supposed unscribe spells mem in spell bar it did when I died on test server.
I am not aware of any weird messages when dying, but can look into it later.

Death causing you not to unmem spells from the spell bar on Live is a new feature. That is something that is not handled by the client, so it isn't something that is required to be fixed in this development thread. That feature is something we can probably add at some point as an optional rule that server admin's could enable/disable, which I think would work the same on all clients. It isn't a bug, it is just a new way of dealing with death similar to how Live no longer leaves items on corpses like they used to. We already have the option to leave items on player corpses or not, but we don't have the option to unmem spells yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencro View Post
Run speed is faster when casting from ROF client as opposed to UF, used #cast 278 from both clients..clicked off between client cast...
I haven't really noticed this difference with run speed yet, but I am so used to #gmspeed that it is hard for me to tell lol. If there is an issue, it may be related to a similar issue with buffs where they are giving much bigger bonuses to HPs and such than they should. That is something we still need to look into further to figure out what is going on.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

it's crazy fast compared to normal SoW, but it goes back to normal SoW speed after you zone or relog.

I think it's related to the 10x buff thing I mentioned earlier. It ~seems~ like all beneficial buffs are 10x greater than they should be. I was getting 8kHP cleric buffs that should have been only 800HP.

oh... that's what you just said... lol
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Are the buffs getting bard mods applied or something?