Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Proxeeus
Fire Beetle

Default NPC movement overhaul: broken bots?

Hey there and happy new year !

I've recently merged the last commits from the master branch into my local repo to test the revamped movement code (30/12/2018, according to the readme), and noticed that bots, upon joining my group, completely stop working / responding / attacking etc (they still try to cast spells, though). They stay there and kinda "vanish".

Is this only a side effect of the revamp that just occurred (meaning that bot stuff has yet to be adjusted / refined, which seems pretty logical) or do the bots acually work on the master branch and I've messed up my merge completely?

Cheers !
Old 01-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Hey there - bots are typically an after thought with major revamp beyond the idea that they “compile”

We will discuss internally who can take a look so we can get bots operational again. In the interim my suggestion would be to checkout a working commit hash and compile binaries that you had working prior until we can get it resolved

Sorry for the pain
Old 01-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Proxeeus
Fire Beetle

Hey Akkadius,

Absolutely no problem at all, as I said I only wanted to make sure I didn't mess up the massive merge that I did. Seeing the amount of work that went into that revamp, it is perfectly understandable that the bots are low on the list. I'm actually at peace knowing that it's "only" a matter of time :P

Thank you for all the work done on this revamp by the way -- it is really slick ! It even made my local server's boat system a ton smoother !