Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
You will need to dig on the forums for 1and1 or call them on the phone. There may be an option on their control panel to turn off PHP warnings, we are turning them off via php.ini since we have shell access, you do not so you will need to contact 1and1.
Still getting the errors.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Possibly a PHP5 issue ?

I know some of these online host make you call your php files php5 for compatibility.

Like these guys are getting errors like this installing Mediawiki on 1and1, worth a shot to rename some of your files to see if it makes a difference.

http://www.mwusers.com/forums/showth...ki-at-1and1.fr
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
initium
Fire Beetle

Switching "Register Globals" on should cut out some of the errors, but not the ones related to having them on different servers
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Possibly a PHP5 issue ?

I know some of these online host make you call your php files php5 for compatibility.

Like these guys are getting errors like this installing Mediawiki on 1and1, worth a shot to rename some of your files to see if it makes a difference.

http://www.mwusers.com/forums/showth...ki-at-1and1.fr
Crazy you mention it because I have a mediawiki site running just fine through the same host lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by initium View Post
Switching "Register Globals" on should cut out some of the errors, but not the ones related to having them on different servers
That worked!

Now... does anyone know how to add the loot/item links my forum.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 AM
initium
Fire Beetle

I've been working on the quests a little bit. In particular parse_quests scripts. I know that's still on the to-do list, so I figured I'd post what I've run into so far. (When I mention changes I've made, these are just on my server of course)

These subroutines have no entry in the relevant pm files:
quest::npcsize
quest:npcrace
quest::buryplayercorpse
quest::npctexture
quest::SetRunning

(I just made empy subroutines for all those for now, but I wasn't sure if that was the best way to do it)

In file parse_quest.inc - old form item turn ins have a bug. Here's the relevant section:
Code:
  # Now, we give the npc some items
  # Old form, item1 to item4, starting at the if and ending at the {
  for (my $i=0; $i<$#content; $i++) {
    if ($content[$i]=~/item[1234]\s*==/) {
      EvalItemOld($content[$i]);
      do {
        $i++;
        if ($content[$i]=~/item[1234] ==/) { EvalItemOld($content[$i]); }
      } while (!($content[$i]=~/{/));
      give_old();
    }
  }
I actually had a few issues with this section. The first was the most important:
1) There are a few quests that cause the "do" loop to never end. This happens when there's no "{" after the line with item[1234]. This happens with several quests in qeynos:
Mespha_Tevalian
Renic_Losaren
Gahlith_Wrannstad
Kinloc_Flamepaw

I wasn't sure about the intent of the "do" loop, so I wasn't sure how best to fix it. My suspicion is that this could be fixed by changing '{' to '}', but again I wasn't sure, so I just made an innocuous change to the quests. I've just added an:
else {} after the appropriate "If" in the quest files for now

2) in the "do" loop the space in the regex should probably be replaced with \s*

3) item[1234]\s*== seems like too blunt of a check. I don't know the quest system well enough to be certain, but as far as I can tell ParseFile hasn't even checked to see if it's in an EVENT_ITEM (at the very least I'd think it would make sense to check for \$item[1234]\s*

Thanks again for working on this
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by initium View Post
I've been working on the quests a little bit. In particular parse_quests scripts. I know that's still on the to-do list, so I figured I'd post what I've run into so far. (When I mention changes I've made, these are just on my server of course)

These subroutines have no entry in the relevant pm files:
quest::npcsize
quest:npcrace
quest::buryplayercorpse
quest::npctexture
quest::SetRunning

(I just made empy subroutines for all those for now, but I wasn't sure if that was the best way to do it)

In file parse_quest.inc - old form item turn ins have a bug. Here's the relevant section:
Code:
  # Now, we give the npc some items
  # Old form, item1 to item4, starting at the if and ending at the {
  for (my $i=0; $i<$#content; $i++) {
    if ($content[$i]=~/item[1234]\s*==/) {
      EvalItemOld($content[$i]);
      do {
        $i++;
        if ($content[$i]=~/item[1234] ==/) { EvalItemOld($content[$i]); }
      } while (!($content[$i]=~/{/));
      give_old();
    }
  }
I actually had a few issues with this section. The first was the most important:
1) There are a few quests that cause the "do" loop to never end. This happens when there's no "{" after the line with item[1234]. This happens with several quests in qeynos:
Mespha_Tevalian
Renic_Losaren
Gahlith_Wrannstad
Kinloc_Flamepaw

I wasn't sure about the intent of the "do" loop, so I wasn't sure how best to fix it. My suspicion is that this could be fixed by changing '{' to '}', but again I wasn't sure, so I just made an innocuous change to the quests. I've just added an:
else {} after the appropriate "If" in the quest files for now

2) in the "do" loop the space in the regex should probably be replaced with \s*

3) item[1234]\s*== seems like too blunt of a check. I don't know the quest system well enough to be certain, but as far as I can tell ParseFile hasn't even checked to see if it's in an EVENT_ITEM (at the very least I'd think it would make sense to check for \$item[1234]\s*

Thanks again for working on this
That'd be sweet if you could get quest dialogues working. Trevius and I are working on a big web project that we'll also reveal in due time
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Alright 2 things: How do I turn on discovered items?

Second, my Dark Blue theme is not working. When selected the theme does not change.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Alright 2 things: How do I turn on discovered items?

Second, my Dark Blue theme is not working. When selected the theme does not change.
Discovered items is in the config file.

True changing it to this.

Code:
$DiscoveredItemsOnly=TRUE;
Also Trevius, if you are listening. I noticed there is a wiki options boolean. Is this going to be integrated into Mediawiki or some other wiki program? One thing people have asked for is a way to be able to make comments on NPC's and such, like they can on Allakhazam's also the option for them to be able to add a jpg for NPC's that do not have an image.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Also, I just noticed this was left out of the config file, at least I could not find it anywhere.

Code:
$peqeditor_url="";
Code:
etc...$peqeditor_url="http://dragonsofmist.dyndns.org/edit/";
Old 03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:

Code:
Sweet thanks. I must have misread that description to mean something else.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
That worked!

Now... does anyone know how to add the loot/item links my forum.
Add this to the config.php anywhere, this will get rolled out in the default config in the next SVN submission.

Code:
// PHP Debugging
$DebugMode = FALSE;

if($DebugMode){
		error_reporting(E_ALL);
		ini_set('display_errors', '1'); 
	}
	else{
		error_reporting(0); 
	}
Old 03-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:

Code:
Also Trevius, if you are listening. I noticed there is a wiki options boolean. Is this going to be integrated into Mediawiki or some other wiki program? One thing people have asked for is a way to be able to make comments on NPC's and such, like they can on Allakhazam's also the option for them to be able to add a jpg for NPC's that do not have an image.
The Wiki boolean was something that Trevius was looking at simply appending Wiki stuff to but would have been a very manual adaption to the Allakhazam.

As far as making comments to NPC's and items, we can make that happen but probably won't be touched considering what we're working on right now, but we can fix crucial things in the meantime. I'll let you know.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, eventually it would be nice to be able to allow players to add a pic and information about any page. With the wiki thing, I was thinking of a simple solution where it would just generate a wiki link for every item/npc/whatever page you might go to that is unique by name, type and/or ID. Basically, there would be a link at the top of the allaclone that would point to a unique wiki page. You could click that link and initially it would be an empty/new wiki page, but if someone populates it, it would have useful information for the next person that clicks it. From there, pics and notes could be posted. If we can figure it out, it would be cool to be able to pull information directly from those pages to display right in the related clone page along with the link to the wiki to edit it.

There have been a few changes to the allaclone that aren't on the SVN yet, but we will probably wait until our new project is a bit further along before doing the next update as it will be related/included with the clone.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Yeah, eventually it would be nice to be able to allow players to add a pic and information about any page. With the wiki thing, I was thinking of a simple solution where it would just generate a wiki link for every item/npc/whatever page you might go to that is unique by name, type and/or ID. Basically, there would be a link at the top of the allaclone that would point to a unique wiki page. You could click that link and initially it would be an empty/new wiki page, but if someone populates it, it would have useful information for the next person that clicks it. From there, pics and notes could be posted. If we can figure it out, it would be cool to be able to pull information directly from those pages to display right in the related clone page along with the link to the wiki to edit it.

There have been a few changes to the allaclone that aren't on the SVN yet, but we will probably wait until our new project is a bit further along before doing the next update as it will be related/included with the clone.
It's not so much a question of IF rather than when we can do it haha.

And yes this new project is really really cool.