Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-31-2018, 11:44 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

got your editor to work after a lot of battling to get 5.3 installed, but i'm wondering if you have a way to change the same value on multiple items at one? I've been trying ot change the vendor prices on the entire lineup of defiant gear, and i'd really rather not have to do it in code. I havent found any editor including georges merchant tool, that actually lets you edit the prices of the items ON the merchants. Is there a secret way to use yours en masse? if price was on first tab it wouldnt be so bad, but click item then click tab then click price then paste then repeat, its a lot for as many as i need to change. i wouldnt be tryign ot change them all just some, if the prices werent so all over the place lol (some elegant stuff is cheaper than some crude etc)
Old 04-01-2018, 03:08 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I use this editor myself, I like it a lot.
In the items table there is two columns to control the pricing of any items on merchants.
One is price and the other is sellrate. The sellrate value can, (and does) increase the base price you set
on an item. If the sellrate is set to 1, then it won't mod the base price. If you want a query to practice
with, it would be like this:

Code:
UPDATE items SET price = 100000 WHERE name LIKE '%crude defiant';
UPDATE items SET sellrate = 1 WHERE name LIKE '%crude defiant';
Of course you would need to add lines for the other named defiant gear.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

looks great for editing or creating new items and i'm sure I'll be using it for lot of things like that.

now that i've wrapped my mind around the structure of the coding at least the basics in sql, i wont be asking so many questions long as i can find the relevant columns etc.

i really like the editors. georges merchant one is soo much better than using sql to build an inventory for sure, and i sought this one out because his suite didnt have an item editor (the one he did have on his page wouldnt load for me) The spawn editor too will be useful. All these tools are great, but some things are just easier done in code if you know how to make it. Long way to go but glad i got past that initial learning leap with that part at least. Not overly familiar with what all is and isnt on the tables or where yet to know where to look for things like the sellrate, or to even look for it at all.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:36 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I meant to post this "glitch" awhile back, but it's not a big issue for me. Just thought I would
mention it for anyone else who's interested in the info about it.

When I first started using the last available version of this editor, I was getting this run-time
error everytime I tried starting it.

But as I soon discovered, all I have to do (each time I fire it up), is click the "Editor music off"
button and it works, no-fail. I have no big desire for solution, because it's only one extra "lazy"
click to do at the start screen. :P

Old 04-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Uleat
Developer

You running a windows server os?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-09-2018, 07:51 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
You running a windows server os?
Yes, win 7 (64) I have the mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.10-winx64 installed as well.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

I can't remember which tool set..but, one of them had problems running on the server os due to a missing sound-related file that's not included, but..is present in the normal win os.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-09-2018, 08:43 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Oh ok. Well, I've never worried too much about sound in any kind of program or software. As a preference,
I live in a home of peace and serenity, haha

Old 04-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Uleat
Developer

Do they make those that work over a 25-mile radius!?

EDIT: Those darn transient vehicles are a pima!!

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-01-2018, 06:43 AM
hawkbs
Fire Beetle

Does this work with MariaDB? I tried installing the ODBC connectors but it doesnt seem to want to work. Also got hold of the MariaDB ODBC Connectors installed them and nothing.

If someone knows how to get this to work with mariaDB please let me know exactly how you did it.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Cusser
Sarnak

Did you install ODBC 5.3.10 ? That's the one you need. Not sure about windows 10 compatibility, that's one of those OS's that
should be simple freeware posted on sourceforge with a disclaimer, so I stick to win 7.

In the db.ini (for the item editor), did you set these for connection to your database ? (values may be different than example below)

host=127.0.0.1
user=root
password=eqemu
database=peq
everquest_folder=
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 AM
hawkbs
Fire Beetle

Actually I just got the bloody thing working!
Still get a message about not connecting. However it does connect and everything seems to load.

Had to get tricky, lucky I have the main DB running on a dedicated server and a backup for development on a VM. I went into the VM version deleted MariaDB and installed the latest MySQL then the ODBC Connector. Exported the DB out of mariaDB on the Server and imported it into my VM server. (Which is Win 10 x64)

So now Im having a little play about with Georges Tools.

Been a very very long time since I last played with EQServer Development. In fact I even had a different name on here way back when lol. This was one of my pieces of work I uploaded to the community to use years and years ago however the file has since disappeared from the dl location. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2838

Edit: OMG I just noticed my signature on my old login name lmao

Just as an FYI Im using the latest version of the server from here https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server

This is alot easier than working with the leaked sourcecode from SWG lol its like a walk in the park compared.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:05 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Usually when I read about common issues like these, just by coincidence, many seem to mention the use of VM's and/or windows 10.
I don't use either. I stick to windows 7 on a dedicated box with straight MySQL and I never have problems with installing or
running the necessary apps to compile or run the server, along with 3rd party database editing tools. I don't need to run an extra
database for development, I just edit the one I am playing on and frequently run a backup from a batch file I made and put it in
the folder where I want the backups to go. I just call it Dump.bat with this in it:
mysqldump --routines -u root -p***** peq > peq_backup.sql (I usually rename that output file with date added after)
Most database edits can be applied on the fly without restarting the server, by running shared_memory or using ingame #commands.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:28 PM
hawkbs
Fire Beetle

Usually I like to stick to straight MySQL however the Installer itself for the latest version of the Emu which I got from the guide I linked above installed MariaDB.
Which is where the problem was for me. However saying that none of these are the headache that Oracle is that SOE used,
which is used for SWG. Now thats a real pain to get to know and understand.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:29 AM
nge2006
Fire Beetle

I have some problems for using GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files tool.the db.ini seting is:
host=127.0.0.1
user=root
password=eqemu
database=peq
everquest_folder=D:\game\EQ\EverQuestSOD
and the mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.11-winx64 installed for win7.
but issues:
“MYSQL Connection FAILED!- Check DB.INI OR MYODBC Drivers not installed”--ok
“Error in Connecting to the Database-Did you register all the files?”