Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Needs work

Tutorials::Needs work This is where tutorials get moved to that are incomplete or outdated

Old 05-03-2004, 09:47 AM
NarutoLegacy
Discordant

Default OUTDATED:: HOWTO: Set Zone Points

Zone Points

Ok many of you are wondering, "What are zone points?". Well zone points are the point in a zone where you zone into another zone. Like in Crushbone at the end of the tunnel you zone back into Greater Faydark, well that can be changed! (Big Thanks to Rogean who pointed the table out to me, lol)

Making Zone Points

First step:

1a) Log onto your server and zone to the zone you want and goto the place you want people to zone to then do /loc and write it down.

1b) Open EQAdmin 5.2 and go into the Zone Points tab. Add record and fill everything in like you should, the /loc you just wrote down will go in the target_x, target_y, and target_z columns. Everything else should be pretty self explainitory.

Second step:

2a) Commit changes in the database and restart your server.

2b) Test it to see if it works! Go to that area you chose and see if you zoned!

Changing Zone Points

Load up EQAdmin and go into the Zone Points table then find the point you want to change, if your zone had multiple zone points then make sure you find the right location. Now change the targeted zone to the zone you want it to zone into.

Support

This topic will be supported. If you still need help post something here or you can contact me over msn: jslackerman@hotmail.com, aim: Kaio of The East. If you would like to talk over the phone contact me and I will tell you my number.

Kaio Out~
Change Maxlevel

Kaio Kuzumaki of the East, Owner of Tides of War [Custom-Legit] PvP Server
Orome, Lord of the Woods, Middle-Earth Roleplay PvP Server
Kaio Kuzumaki of the East, Owner of Kaio's All-GM Test Server
Old 09-04-2004, 10:20 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default attempted to get zone points to work

I've made several attempts to make the zone points function, but I've been getting almost nowhere. I've only been able to get the nexus stone in Everfrost to send me to an alternate location in Plane of Knowledge although I had it redirected to Guka (LDoN).
This was all setup in eqadmin 5.2 (Zone Points tab).

Ps, the server is version 5.7-dr6
i got the doors to work now
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Muuss
Dragon

This is outdated due to EqAdmin being outdated
Old 06-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Oxalic
Sarnak

Quote:
Here is what I did to fix the zone lines I fixed already.

1.-Make sure your zone safe coords are within the zone, how to check??? type #zone halas for example, if you pop IN the zone the safe coords are ok, if you pop out of zone or underworld or in little boxes (if you been there you know what I mean) then they are incorrect.

To move the safe coords then #goto a location you want safe zone to be, then type /loc, remember eq gives you the coords in this manner, Y, X, Z, then type #zsafecoords x y z
as you see the x and y are reversed so pay attention.

Now that you have the coords and safe point within zone, do this, go to zone line but DO NO ZONE, check the coordinates and make a note, then open the zone_points table and look for a halas entry with exit to everfrost, and check the coordinates. if they are way off then change them, and thats all there is to it. one last note, a coordinate of 999999 means it is a dynamic coordinate and it is used in places like wfreport zone line to ecommons, where the zone line is wide.

It is all trial and error mostly, and everytime you fix ANYTHING you must restart world.exe and boot5zones to be able to see if the changes you made took place as you wanted them to be.

Sysadmin.
Forget where i got that from, definately a thread, anyhow that stills works i'm pretty sure...