Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:26 AM
Linera
Fire Beetle

Default Minilogin can't connect

Everything runs fine except for Boot5Zones.bat

it says i didn't copy spells_us.txt from my everquest directory to the eqemu folder. but i find spells_us.txt in my eqemu folder.

when i run Minilogin.exe, world.exe, and Boot5Zones.bat then try to login it says can not connect to server
Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

its in your everquest folder. look harder
Old 08-12-2004, 07:40 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

if your trying to use minilogin on a version of EQ thats compatable with EQEmu or with the latest source it will not work.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:52 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Minilogin doesn't work anymore.

only works on old versions of eqemu
Old 08-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Linera
Fire Beetle

I followed a tutorial on here exactly but Boot5Zones.bat says i didn't copy spells_us.txt to the eqemu folder when i did and it won't connnect to the server.

I first run mysql, then minilogin.exe, then world.exe, and lastly Boot5Zones.bat. after that I try to login with the username and password it told me to use but it can't connect to the server.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:13 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

you dont seem to be listening to anything at all? we both said minilogin dont work.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:23 AM
natiels
Fire Beetle

So what is the latest version of eqemu that minilogin will work with? I set up a server with 5.7 DR6 and I can get everything to work and get to the point where I see the server with the EQ client, but when I try to join it doesnt work. I was thinking that my version of eq was just off.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Draupner
Hill Giant

Minilogin no longer works and hasn't for some time now
Old 08-13-2004, 03:10 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

hehe, nobody listens... so. to recap.

Quote:
if your trying to use minilogin on a version of EQ thats compatable with EQEmu or with the latest source it will not work.
Quote:
Quote:
you dont seem to be listening to anything at all? we both said minilogin dont work.
Quote:
Minilogin no longer works and hasn't for some time now
clear enough to anybody else reading this??... good
Old 08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Venom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiels
So what is the latest version of eqemu that minilogin will work with? I set up a server with 5.7 DR6 and I can get everything to work and get to the point where I see the server with the EQ client, but when I try to join it doesnt work. I was thinking that my version of eq was just off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin

only works on old versions of eqemu
only part of his question that went unanswered... so im taking it mini login will not work with no versions of eqemu..

but as the above statement.. it does work on old versions of eqemu.. so there are older versions listed.. which works with which..

and then you must have an older version of the everquest client? or no? im kinda interested now.. never used minilogin myself.. and maybe kinda cool to look into the source and see what i could do to make it compatiable again
Old 08-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

It only works if you have the exact version of the EQEMu Server that is outdated and you must have the EXACT client version for it to work. And you need to know exactly what EQEMu server is for that version. So, essentially, if you don't know one or the other or both (or if you dont have em), you can NOT play on minilogin.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Venom
Sarnak

Doesnt someone have this knowledge..?

Everquest client whatever works with eqemu server.. blah...

im not being a smartass on this post.. im just curious as to what length mini login is broke..

or can we not really discuss clients and so on.. here.. and maybe thats why its never been done
Old 08-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Doesnt someone have this knowledge..?

Everquest client whatever works with eqemu server.. blah...

im not being a smartass on this post.. im just curious as to what length mini login is broke..

or can we not really discuss clients and so on.. here.. and maybe thats why its never been done
I believe no one has been able to create a new minilogin, and numerous people have been working on it (however I believe the official devs have broken away from the minilogin project, but dont quote me.)

The client compatible with 5.7-DR4 is the LAST client that works with Minilogin. (And just as a reminder, asking for EQ Files or anything related is against the rules)
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Venom
Sarnak

yes i know .. i really dont need to ask for warez.. just not my style..

anyways.. so

from the information you just provided..
just download the eqemu client you specified..

and do a search on the board to what patching date that specific client version worked with that patch

you should be able to use mini login then.. correct?
or not correct...
hmm im getting dizzy.. maybe its time for bed now.. lol
Old 08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
yes i know .. i really dont need to ask for warez.. just not my style..
I assumed, but many newbies who come to EQEMulator read the tutorials before reading the rules so just a friendly reminder because I cant help but forseeing someone asking if I dont remind.
Quote:

anyways.. so

from the information you just provided..
just download the eqemu client you specified..

and do a search on the board to what patching date that specific client version worked with that patch

you should be able to use mini login then.. correct?
or not correct...
hmm im getting dizzy.. maybe its time for bed now.. lol
Yes. But with all DR releases, if you have any problems it wont be officially supported.
C++ is wonderful.