Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:24 PM
LinuXY
Fire Beetle

Post Classic PVP Progression w/ Seasons: Rise of Zek

I'm happy to announce Rise of Zek, a classic PVP progression experience*.

Rise of Zek has been under development for the past 6 months, and our goal is to bring the fans of classic Rallos Zek-style ruleset a place they can call Norrath.

Rise of Zek is entering final beta and will be a [95% classic] EQ PVP progression server. The other 5% is weighted towards slight balance changes in gear and resists. RoZ will also run 6 month seasons w/ increased XP for new characters created within the seasonal window, complete with separate kill tracking. At the end of each season characters created within that season will receive rewards depending on a number of factors like [KDA] [points] [PVE objectives]. Winners from each season will receive in-game appearance items and statues in EC Tunnels. Seasonal characters will also benefit from GM-run BoTB events. Classic era will last for around a year before Kunark is released. Only select zones from Velious will ever be released in the timeline.

The idea with the seasons is to allow new characters a way to catch up, and allow veterans an even playing field to show their skills. This will keep everything fresh while allowing more Blue players to just stay at level cap and keep raiding. There will be cooldown time between seasons for everyone to recover. Fame, glory and pixels await.

RoZ has world-class coder(s) / operations and a fixed budget for servers, and bandwidth. RoZ is hosted on physical hardware in a datacenter. RoZ is free to play and GMs may never ask players for money or donations. At launch item creation logs and GM commands will be made public as anti-corruption measures. As well as a fully featured Character Browser which shows bank/bags/corpses so players may see everything transparently. RoZ is for fans by fans.

Features:
+- 4 level PVP spread
No XP loss on PVP death & spawn w/ 0 mana
1 item loot from inventory random (no no-drop / no bags themselves) & coin
LNS rules apply though corpse may be fetched after [30] minutes from a Soulbinder
[2] box limit.
Only personal kill tracking.
Maps are disabled in certain classic zones.
No third party hacking programs, server-side AND client-side detection will be active and bans will be delayed in waves.
IRL threats will be met with bans. No accusations of cheating unless you have solid proof. Submit to petitions section of forum.
Healing/buffing a higher level player will flag you for PVP
Anti-plug mechanics

How to help:
Visit http://riseofzek.com and signup on the website. Participate in polls and post feedback.
Help test various class interactions by creating characters and joining Discord https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm - Ping me (LinuXY) if you need to test gear/levels.
Report anything that's not classic in the forums.
Shoot promotional videos of PVP / PVE.
Consider the server as Open Beta at the moment. You can find it on the main serverlist.
We are targeting a release around 6/29/2018. This is not set in stone (yet) and I'm fairly optimistic we can reach this goal.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Member Berries
Fire Beetle

i was on the edge of my seat until the boxing. rip.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member Berries View Post
You really under the impression there is enough population that exists for a PVP server to NOT have boxing? Project1999's red server doesn't even break 100 really and I bet you quite a few of those are still boxing even though its against the rules.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:31 PM
LinuXY
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member Berries View Post
If the population is there on launch I can be swayed. I just doubt that without boxing everyone can progress. Prove me wrong!
Old 06-16-2018, 06:58 AM
GreenManalishi
Fire Beetle

PVP with 2 boxing sounds really interesting, I've never done that before.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:24 AM
nottitanuk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
You really under the impression there is enough population that exists for a PVP server to NOT have boxing? Project1999's red server doesn't even break 100 really and I bet you quite a few of those are still boxing even though its against the rules.
have to agree with image

if red99 had 2boxing a lot of people would still of been playing it that quit in the 30s due to no one leveling
Old 06-23-2018, 11:30 PM
Member Berries
Fire Beetle

tbf, plenty of boxing happens already. i can't be the only one who boxes on r99.

still - i am sure the population would pick up if it was officially allowed without the fear of a ban.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Oracle9
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuXY View Post
LNS rules apply though corpse may be fetched after [30] minutes from a Soulbinder
Is this a feature still planned for the future?

Jumped on this weekend to see nobody using LNS and no soulbinders or corpse retrieval other than the old way. Perhaps I missed it?

Tags
classic, progression, pvp, zek