Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-30-2014, 11:34 AM
trevius
Developer

Jumping NPCs is most likely due to map file issues server-side. If a zone has been changed at all, it may require a new map to be created with azone2. I haven't seen any issues with NPCs jumping in RoF2 any more than in previous clients yet. Though, I think the new way maps are handled now in the server may have more issues for all clients than the older map system. I haven't really looked into that yet.

Have you compared how the rats appear in Tutorial on any older clients to make sure it is specific to just RoF2?
Old 12-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Really? I suppose I naturally assumed it was an issue with animations in the steam download. I have absolutely flawless pathing on a month old unmodified source test server (UF+RoF1). There must have been changes to pathing/maps fairly recent.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:05 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenxai View Post
Really? I suppose I naturally assumed it was an issue with animations in the steam download. I have absolutely flawless pathing on a month old unmodified source test server (UF+RoF1). There must have been changes to pathing/maps fairly recent.
Do you see the issue in all zones, or just in Tutorial? If it works fine in other clients on the current source, and the jumping issue occurs just on RoF2 and in all zones, then the problem probably is with RoF2.

The only thing I can think of that might cause that would be in the OP_NewZone packet that gives all of the zone settings to the client. I checked it and it looks OK even compared to Live, but maybe I missed something still. My guess would be the gravity setting for the zone, but it looks correct for me so far.

It could also be that they changed how spawns and objects are spawned so they use the exact location provided instead of staying on the ground. This could be due to house item placement or something.

Though, it is also possible that we are missing something in the spawn struct that tells the client where to adjust the Z level of the mob/object from. I haven't found anything like that yet though.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Sorry, I'm tired and I didn't clarify properly. It wasn't an issue with with RoF2; That was a bad assumption on my part. New client--you just have to throw the blame on it Someone smashed something in pathing at some point recently and now mobs are bouncy. Checked PEQTGC and it has the same issue.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

SHA: 7742892377ba3a3370b34381e5b0cfedd462fe1c

Found it. Easier than explaining. :P Sorry about thinking it was a RoF2 issue and totally jumping the gun. Love your work, keep it up.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:52 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Just built local server today with RoF2. Couple issues I have seen:

1) Berserker class right clicked on combat skill tome but the learned skill does not show up in combat ability screen.

2) Bots still have issue with their HP being huge number (like 9 digits or more)
Old 01-03-2015, 10:11 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by werebat View Post
1) Berserker class right clicked on combat skill tome but the learned skill does not show up in combat ability screen.
That's not new, nor should it be limited to berserker. Unless it's not showing up even after zone, then it's new.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:05 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
That's not new, nor should it be limited to berserker. Unless it's not showing up even after zone, then it's new.
I was playing a zerker so thats why I listed it, just trying to give details. I have not tried it with other classes. As for "not new", do you mean not new to RoF2? Because it works just fine in RoF and previous clients. I purchase the tome, right click and it immediately shows up in the combat skill window [alt-C] so I can create a hot key for it. In RoF2 it doesnt show up in combat skill window.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default ROF2 Issue with Guild Lobby

Riklin from Halls Havoc here. I've had the server running for a couple years now, on and off, but just recently upgraded the server hardware (really nice stuff). Anyway I have been testing all clients from Titanium through Rof2 (except SoF - cannot find this client). In doing that testing, I found an issue that I cannot explain or work around.

When the ROF2 client is loaded, with a character that is camped in the guild lobby, the client starts normally. All the other characters can be seen, then it blinks and gives the LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... message. Then it seems to reload the zone and pops you to the entry hall. The guild lobby is then loaded with a different instance with no one else in it, with a campfire and all the custom buff NPCs are gone. My server has a bunch of npcs standing around the chair, that buff you...

The error it is giving is this:
Invalid Zone(344:0): You will be redirected to the proper instance in 10 seconds.

I have tried copying the guild lobby stuff from the underfoot client, but that doesn't help at all. This ONLY happens with RoF2. Everything works fine with all the other clients.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Riklin; 01-04-2015 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 01-04-2015, 07:46 PM
bakajikara
Sarnak

There is a issue purchasing LAA on ROF2 client as I had log on UF buy some the LAA when I got down last few and mark NPC was one caused issues for sure. I logged on UF was able purchase all them on your server Trev on Fievelzy my Pally.

EDIT

Just logged in Fievelzy and Mark NPC LAA shows I have 0 out 3 purchased in ROF2. In UF shows I have purchased all 3 as I have.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:43 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
Riklin from Halls Havoc here. I've had the server running for a couple years now, on and off, but just recently upgraded the server hardware (really nice stuff). Anyway I have been testing all clients from Titanium through Rof2 (except SoF - cannot find this client). In doing that testing, I found an issue that I cannot explain or work around.

When the ROF2 client is loaded, with a character that is camped in the guild lobby, the client starts normally. All the other characters can be seen, then it blinks and gives the LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... message. Then it seems to reload the zone and pops you to the entry hall. The guild lobby is then loaded with a different instance with no one else in it, with a campfire and all the custom buff NPCs are gone. My server has a bunch of npcs standing around the chair, that buff you...

Invalid Zone(344:0): You will be redirected to the proper instance in 10 seconds.

I have tried copying the guild lobby stuff from the underfoot client, but that doesn't help at all. This ONLY happens with RoF2. Everything works fine with all the other clients.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like something in the DB or Scripts to deal specifically with RoF2. Did you also update your DB with the latest from PEQ? I am not sure if they have done any special work related to Guild Lobby and RoF2, but I wouldn't be surprised if so.

I do not have any issues with RoF2 and Guild Lobby, so I am 99% certain that this is not a client issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakajikara View Post
There is a issue purchasing LAA on ROF2 client as I had log on UF buy some the LAA when I got down last few and mark NPC was one caused issues for sure. I logged on UF was able purchase all them on your server Trev on Fievelzy my Pally.

EDIT

Just logged in Fievelzy and Mark NPC LAA shows I have 0 out 3 purchased in ROF2. In UF shows I have purchased all 3 as I have.
I added this to the list of issue and that it needs further investigation. Thanks for the reports.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 PM
bakajikara
Sarnak

Oh BTW wanted add this only way on ROF2 get LAA show working when make group is to give leader another and back you. If dont do that shows brown like you not leader but have points spent.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Sounds like something in the DB or Scripts to deal specifically with RoF2. Did you also update your DB with the latest from PEQ? I am not sure if they have done any special work related to Guild Lobby and RoF2, but I wouldn't be surprised if so.

I do not have any issues with RoF2 and Guild Lobby, so I am 99% certain that this is not a client issue.

I added this to the list of issue and that it needs further investigation. Thanks for the reports.

Rick's Reply: Yes our database version matches the current binary version - 9066. I can say for a fact there is no code that we added specifically regarding Rof2.

Rick
Old 01-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post

Any suggestions?
This is due to the player.pl script in your guildlobby folder. There is a line there that detects the client version, and moves that player to a new instance if it matches.

Just comment that part out.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Uleat
Developer

Might need to do the same thing with the 'Guild Hall' and 'Plane of Knowledge' player.pl files as well.

I recommended a change for a fix to RoF+ issues..but, not sure if it's in the current quest repo.

Compilin' Dirty