Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-11-2019, 04:13 PM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharone1 View Post
That summon death gate is awesome.

You should add a .1% chance that a Innoruuk pops out of it, tells you that you are not worthy, and kills you for laughs.
Or, a snowbunny hops out of it, and the player sees the emote, "... you hear Innoruuk's voice in your head saying, 'We are a little low on demons right now. All I can afford to send you is this rabbit, but he does have a snaggle tooth and a bad attitude. Enjoy!"
Old 01-12-2019, 01:20 AM
Uleat
Developer

Links to websites that contain download links to copyrighted material are not permitted on this website per Article 1 of the forum rules.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...37&postcount=1

We can't control what other websites do..but, the success of this project relies heavily on that principle.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Evernothing
Fire Beetle

I am considering rolling up here today.

Recommended to take Pally/SK and Shaman/Cleric as per most duo servers?

Or are other classes tuned enough to duo odd pairings?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Shodai82
Sarnak

All classes are viable. I would suggest joining discord and asking around there for suggestions.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:08 AM
Shodai82
Sarnak

The final tier of demigod progression has launched!
Old 01-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Hardcore Progression has now launched on UltimateEQ. For those interested in a more old-school feel from the servers' early days, this is for you. There are a ton of new features associated with this, including free trade of items, leaderboards, and much more.

I've also added Allaclone & Magelo for those that like that kinda thing!
Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 AM
Jezril
Fire Beetle

Thinking about trying this out tonight...see you boiz
Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Shodai82
Sarnak

By popular demand I've increased the max player IP cap from 2 to 3.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:42 PM
Tarheelz2
Fire Beetle

Great server
Old 02-25-2019, 11:31 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Awesome server by an awesome developer.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

I have spent the last 3.5 months adding tons of new content to the test server, including a brand new tier with 5 new zones. The patch notes are...extensible.

Anyways, looking to update the live server one week from today, so if you have any activities to wrap up before the new tier, now is the time. Or, if you want to view all the updates, you can do so blow. One word of caution, it's a long read!

http://ultimateeq.com/phpbb3/viewtop...164&p=253#p253

Update coming August 10th to live!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:53 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

God Tier has been released.

-2 new zones were opened, with 3 more coming in the next few days as people progress.
-175 new spells have been introduced, each one has associated spell scripts and are very intricate and tuned.
-Each class now has an additional 10-15 talents available and 4 trait items.
-Tons of other new great stuff has been added based on prior post.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodai82 View Post
God Tier has been released.

-2 new zones were opened, with 3 more coming in the next few days as people progress.
-175 new spells have been introduced, each one has associated spell scripts and are very intricate and tuned.
-Each class now has an additional 10-15 talents available and 4 trait items.
-Tons of other new great stuff has been added based on prior post.
Few things...

Lots of the spells are bugged. For instance, the necro "health to mana line" KILLS the necro because the values are based off of old values where you had inflated hitpoints.

Mage rod of transvergence does 5 million damage to anyone who uses it, killing them.

Most of the GOD TIER items and drops have borked stats, like cant even aug them. Most of the gear that drops is cloth and the droprates for cloth in relation to leather, chain, and plate are very disproportionally aligned - you basically only get cloth.

Paladins and rangers are about to get nerfed. Apparently because at 75 they are supposedly OP, where I am getting reports that SK's are actually the OP ones and getting BUFFED. The tester for the server, his main is an SK - so take that for what its worth.

Some of the zones in god tier like kurns crash if you pull too many mobs. Also progression mobs are locked behind an arbitrary long spawn time. You can get a boss spawner for plat or money (which I dont recommend doing either - everyone ive talked to that bought it, wish they hadn't because theres things about it that isnt readily known that they dont like - like it being only used once per 30 mins, and it doesnt work in all zones, only a select few - and not the zones you really really need it in, and it only spawns static mobs..etc) but its useless for the aforementioned reasons.

I have been and others have been having issues with the client locking up or just getting dropped (Linkdead) from the server at weird intervals for seemingly no reason, and when you go linkdead it takes the server a full 10 minutes to 'kick you', so if you go linkdead, you're effectively locked out of playing for 10 minutes. I have not had this issue with other servers. I thought it was just me, but ive talked to about 5 people who said they had the same issue. Using the same client and patcher and files the server recommends using also. Have also tried other versions of the client with same results.

A lot of issues with classes that need to be addressed and fixed are overlooked. Lots of in game text is not correct, for instance theres a pally talent that lays down a consecration and its supposed to do 100k damage every 2 seconds, but instead it does 15k damage... Trust me when you grind the tokens to get this stuff and it doesnt work as advertised its very frustrating.

Theres a plethora of other issues with this server that I dont think I can think of right off the bat right now, but these are the few glaring ones. This is a decent server but its marred and plagued by the issues ive raised and until those issues get addressed, im going to advise people to pass this server up.

I thought this was a good server, and at first when I started playing it was. When I was a noob and hadnt discovered how borked some things are and how obviously biased the devs and testers are FOR and AGAINST some classes, it was an awesome server. But as such things, as you play longer you find things out and realize the grass isnt always greener on the other side.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:51 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Big ol salt from the guy above. Unfortunately, he had to make up stuff to try and trash the server.

The god armor isn't auggable on purpose. The etherforged stuff that is. You get the gear, as I recall from when I was last on, by earning enough points via killing. What drops are spells, spell-granting items (ether), and items to level up to 75.

Kurns crashing is known, and its a little hard to fix I imagine when its caused by mass pulling. There's also the known issue of lockups/LD people being screwed, but Shodai (afaik) can't do much about that.

Most progression mobs have been dropped to, what, an hour at max respawn rate. That's not arbitrarily long. 2hrs for some god-tier specific named, but there's very good reason behind that. There was a guy complaining about Xalgoz' spawn rate/drop rate, and Shodai looked into it - and fixed the drop rate of a specific item. Big thinks. Beyond like a handful of things, most are on an hour AT MOST timer. An hour is nothing compared to real EQ wait times.

The class stuff isn't overlooked, I wager. I've looked in the suggestions part of the Discord (more active than the forums) and shodai either addressed that he's fixing it or what's going on with it. For example, Stoned & Oog pointed out a healing issue. Shodai looked into it. Same with mitigation problems. If its brought up then he looks into it - but it's also likely that there's a lot for him to do between bug fixes, class tweaks, and preparing the next shard of content. It's not exactly easy doing this sort of work.

I, on the other hand, won't tell people to pass it up. Because while there -are- issues, they are not as horrible as this person above is making them to be. Shodai & Enine aren't as biased as this person makes it out to be - but bear in mind: The guy above may be someone who arrogantly proclaimed that the server was going "suffer" unless his suggestions were implemented.

Btw: there are multiple testers. Stoned, Oogmog, Enine (Dev, but still), Tupp, and Iserak are a few I know of. Some of them play multiple classes, and helped with the God stuff - and still do to this day.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Default Dont call me a liar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeknight View Post
Big ol salt from the guy above. Unfortunately, he had to make up stuff to try and trash the server.

The god armor isn't auggable on purpose. The etherforged stuff that is. You get the gear, as I recall from when I was last on, by earning enough points via killing. What drops are spells, spell-granting items (ether), and items to level up to 75.

Kurns crashing is known, and its a little hard to fix I imagine when its caused by mass pulling. There's also the known issue of lockups/LD people being screwed, but Shodai (afaik) can't do much about that.

Most progression mobs have been dropped to, what, an hour at max respawn rate. That's not arbitrarily long. 2hrs for some god-tier specific named, but there's very good reason behind that. There was a guy complaining about Xalgoz' spawn rate/drop rate, and Shodai looked into it - and fixed the drop rate of a specific item. Big thinks. Beyond like a handful of things, most are on an hour AT MOST timer. An hour is nothing compared to real EQ wait times.

The class stuff isn't overlooked, I wager. I've looked in the suggestions part of the Discord (more active than the forums) and shodai either addressed that he's fixing it or what's going on with it. For example, Stoned & Oog pointed out a healing issue. Shodai looked into it. Same with mitigation problems. If its brought up then he looks into it - but it's also likely that there's a lot for him to do between bug fixes, class tweaks, and preparing the next shard of content. It's not exactly easy doing this sort of work.

I, on the other hand, won't tell people to pass it up. Because while there -are- issues, they are not as horrible as this person above is making them to be. Shodai & Enine aren't as biased as this person makes it out to be - but bear in mind: The guy above may be someone who arrogantly proclaimed that the server was going "suffer" unless his suggestions were implemented.

Btw: there are multiple testers. Stoned, Oogmog, Enine (Dev, but still), Tupp, and Iserak are a few I know of. Some of them play multiple classes, and helped with the God stuff - and still do to this day.
It's your word against mine. Only proof of truth will be people logging on and seeing im not lying. I am not concerned at all about this. I dont appreciate you calling me a liar when not only I have complained about the things above, other people have too. But go ahead and keep on white-knighting. Truth will out.

Edit: Also, what exactly did I make up?

Tags
custom content, progression