Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Rekoya
Fire Beetle

Default Decisions, decisions

So I've been wanting to check out the EQemu scene for quite some time now. As a result, I've spent the past 2 days or so jumping from server to server to see what I'm looking for. I've narrowed it down to a few preferences, in order of importance.

#1. Community. I would like to play on a server that is mostly for fun (I mean not explicitly hardcore, I guess), does community events every now and then, and has friendly players.

#2. Challenge. I want a challenge! Multi-boxing enabled is OK, so long as I can still do it playing as one or two characters. I prefer to one-box. I don't mind having free "newbie gear". Exp between 1-5x is fine. I also want AA's to be available to get.

#3. Class roles. I want to play a Ranger regardless, and I want to do bow damage specifically, with the occasional DW melee. I have no idea why, that's just how it is. I don't mind playing on a server where rangers are underpowered and therefore underrepresented, actually.

I've checked out P1999 and The Hidden Forest. P1999 doesn't (and probably never will) go up to AA's, so no, and THF turned me off initially because it seems way too easy. I can probably persuade myself to try it out further, though. Any thoughts?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 AM
trevius
Developer

Most of the preferred and legendary servers are good choices. I think you may like THF if you kept playing there until the higher end stuff. It definitely gets more challenging. The same goes for most of the custom servers. They start out really easy, but the end game is where the challenge is presented and they can get quite challenging. You might like my server, Storm Haven. Our population is low lately, but the community is generally very friendly.

PEQ is also very good if you like a Live-Like experience. They have a good community with a lot of players.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:01 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Try out Varlyndria, they have class paths for each class and Rangers have a Sniper Path that is pure bow DPS