Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:03 PM
noudess
Discordant

Default qeynos2.path

I noticed that the only qeynos2.path file I can find, (from http://eqemu-maps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/), is not in a current format. It looks to be missing the EQEMUMAPS magic # at the beginner, but also seems to have binary values stored in a diff MSB/LSB format than all the other map files in that repo.

Anyone have a working version of that map or a pointer to a better place to snag map files.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

The .path files are extremely few and far between when it comes to being open source.

Very few servers have complete or semi-complete pathing. P99 has .path files that they recruited some guy to grind out. Their .path files take into account z-axis, but they wont contribute it.

Good luck bro!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:11 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyen05 View Post
but they wont contribute it.
And they don't have to! Just because EQEmu's code is mainly licensed under GPL (there are a few exemptions which are borrowed code like EQEmu::Any which maintains the Boost license) doesn't mean everything is or everything has to be. (hell, the fact that P99 doesn't redistribute their server binaries means they don't even have to share any code changes they make, but they still do when they think it's worthwhile sharing)
Old 09-28-2014, 04:16 PM
noudess
Discordant

I was hoping one of you guys familiar with the file format might do a quick reformat of qeynos2.path. I tried adding the Magic # at the start, but was daunted by changing the endian-ness of all the binary areas without really knowing the format well. I suppose I could do it if I worked at it, assuming I need to swap both word and byte order for 32 bit words.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

I created a couple of .path files (for crescent and moors) and could never convince anyone to take them off my hands.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Tyen05
Discordant

Make one for zones like LGUK and I'm sure people will care
Old 09-28-2014, 07:22 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Well people should care about any zone with incorrect pathing. But I suppose I could work up one for lguk sometime.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Try this for lguk. I haven't been able to do much testing, but I figure why not crowd source that. Place in Maps, will be used the next time the zone is restarted (ie someone zones into an empty lguk)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQ...it?usp=sharing
Old 09-29-2014, 11:14 AM
vsab
Discordant

Does the PEQ server have path files?

It would actually be good if we could get a common repository like we have (had?) with maps, perhaps we could set up an additional repo in git to make it easier for people to add to it?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:19 AM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Image used to keep such a repository, but he didn't add any of the path files I sent him.
http://www.eqpvp.com/paths/

A git repository sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:45 AM
joligario
Developer

I'm pretty sure the map/path files used at PEQ are at http://code.google.com/p/eqemumaps/
Old 09-29-2014, 12:43 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Ah nice. Too bad I spent time making a path file when they already have one.

I think I learned a few new things about the zone. I only saw one door in the entire zone (door #12!)