Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Isak922
Fire Beetle

Akkadius... What can I say?

I loved your work on the x5 server... and you've completely outdone yourself with this one. I've barely scratched the surface and I'm completely hooked.

For anyone who has the chance to participate in the testing/development phases... Take it while you can! And to those who miss the opportunity... You'll have a server unlike any other to play on once it's publicly released.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

i've seen nothing but screenshots so far, but from what i've seen this server looks incredible. i've always been into history and learning from the past, and a time-warp into ancient EQ is a GREAT idea (and no, we're not talking EQ Adventures...). can't wait till this server is public!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:42 PM
aaranin
Fire Beetle

I have been playing on this server during the beta's, and i have to say it is really fun. The old zones that are revamped with new storylines is a really cool concept. With the quests they implimented you smoothly transition from zone to zone. I am on the fourth zone now and its just as good if not better then the previous three. I keep looking forward to the next zone to see how the dev's changed it and how the story continues there.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Update: Just release HK theme and Kunark themes are to follow... Stay tuned
Old 03-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Aeldor
Fire Beetle

Been testing this for Akk since Alpha. Got to tell ya guys and gals, nothing like it anywhere. Waiting for next zone to be ready so I can continue on. One thing is, READ everything. You can really get what Akk is doing here by following the lore he has laid out. It also helps to read everything so you kow what you are doing task list wise. :P

Keep up the good work Akk, and stop farting the ol lady out of the room!

Hitex
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeldor View Post
Keep up the good work Akk, and stop farting the ol lady out of the room!
Wow did you just go there bro... Lol
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Leaving the server open for another BETA flag night. I usually do it when I get close to releasing another theme, (which is tonight). So log in if you want to test.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

You can find the update on how this project is going at my signature. Just click it... Not going to say much more about it until we're close to release... If you want in just PM me via forums... We've decided a while ago to add a bunch more content and I'll announce that when that time comes...

I am really really looking forward to the release of this, I think it will be something to be really enjoyed. 8 D We've been quiet because we don't want to keep people on the edge of the seat forever. Stay tuned!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default Great server!

Absolute awesome server, If you haven't got a chance at playing it yet send Akk a Pm and get in Asap.

Fun leveling
Exciting storyline
Very fun Intro
Great playability
Constant bug fixes/Improvments
Unlike any other you've tried before.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default Great server!

Sorry for double post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

For those who want to get an idea of how this server is, I am going to leave it open just for today (BETA)... Quite a bit has changed since our last night open, such as the intro for one, and the hub zone that comes in after the intro.

This server is intended to be a lot of what players are used to in an EQemulator server, soloable, but not ridiculously easy and everything is handed to you. It's a controlled progression, with tons of customization. When I say customization you'll just have to see that for yourself, there's a lot of things going on here that I haven't seen anywhere else.

CUTSCENES:
We have a story line that has to do with prison for example, you are in your cell, and once the guard comes by on a timed basis he says its time for lunch. When you are ready to go to lunch you will be flagged to do so, whereas another player could be in the same spot at the same point in time an wont be able to hail that same guard to go to lunch. The lunch scene consists of an instance, in which there is a huge table with a bunch of inmates consisting from people you haven't seen before, from characters from old EQ. If you have read up on the server lore at all we have about 4 writers working on this, one of which has a Bachelors almost a Master's in creative writing, this server revolves around time travel.

State of the Server:
We're working on finishing up our main plotline - Which will be the soloable (for the most part) of the server. You will have mercenaries in each theme. There will be about 10 for the release, completely built from the ground up consisting of lore that ties to some existing EQ lore and revolves around our own story as well.

Now alot of people think, ewwwww story/lore... /puke. Well I've played EQ for probably just as long as a lot of you and I can say reading paragraphs from an NPC gets irritating... Well this is a natural and free flow scenario where you glide through the content (for the most part) you still have your challenges, and many will tell you yes you will die many a time, but it's not UN-doable.

TASKS/Quests/Camp raid targets

On that relative subject there WILL be tasks/quests, instance-based missions kinda like monster missions as well that will stem off of those themes once we have the big guys done. WE WANT to bring back that wow factor in the occurrence of mobs spawning and the rarity of the things that they drop, such as spells that are attainable for classes only via those raid targets.

Chaosslayer once drilled me with one of the points I had on the front page of the post... "WHAT IS THIS UNIQUE SPELLSYSTEM!?!?!" Well it's merely a new line of abilities for each class going up until level 110, for now, as we will release "Expansions" on top of that level base. I don't want to develop beyond it until we get an idea of how players react to the content and where its headed, but we have plenty of plans for zone ideas etc. There are abilities that classes don't typically have, and abilities that are added there in attempts to rebalance and make every class a valid and fun class to play soloably... We feel that as this server goes live, it will balance out a lot more...

Considering the amount of content at this time and the amount of dedicated testers considering their free time, not everything is able to be drilled down so posting them on the forums when this becomes live will be sentimental to the server's health in the bug area.

Some unique features that I will point out that haven't been announced prior are some of the things on the Black Market guy in the hub zone... This is a concept that we will be expanding on of course as many ideas go through our heads...

NAME EFFECT
Potion of Vitality I
10% Increase DMG
Potion of Vitality II
20% Increase DMG
Potion of Vitality III
30% Increase DMG
Gift of Life
INCREASE HP BY 1k TEMP
Gift of Thoguht
INCREASE MANA BY 1k TEMP
Gravity Inversion Trinket
Gravity Inversion (lev,movement,vision)
Death in a Can
Feign Death in a can
Stone Essence
War Defensive Discipline in a can (W/Cooldown of 1hr)
Stone of Calling (G)
Group Call of Heroes
Stone of Calling (S)
Call of Heroes

LEVEL CAPACITY: For now is 110, spells and abilities will be released as we release more of these.

All in all, I'd say we are getting closer and closer to having the themes completed which the rest of the content will come by much quicker considering the amount of time/thought/effort put in to each of the segments. Originally we thought wed be done sooner, but we decided to squeeze more of the plotline in between what we currently have already so it is taking us a little bit longer than projected before. But we are still making quite a bit of progress. I will make a post when it's live of course and will be making a credits list to those that have contributed to this project. The overall goal is to have a unique experience with the game we all fell in love with a long time ago and can't seem to get away from it... As a player I always thought, hrmmm, what if it was this way? So that's what we do here, is if players have an idea for a timeline they wanted to express in the midst of the lore here, we say, "have at it." And then we analyze it together.

I'll have posted a full structure of our outline and brief summaries when we release.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us, thanks to Trevius for help with various things, thanks to Secrets, and thanks to the rest of the EQemulator developers who have dumped a huge amount of their time into the project to allow such things to happen.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Lucius2
Fire Beetle

Rozy is sad and cannot login to your server Akka ;-;
Old 04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

EDIT: Character creation with a conflict in the variables caused Titanium clients to crash. This has been fixxed... Sorry for the inconvenience
Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 AM
yoshimura
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up, from what I have read here and on your page, you've been doing some tremendous work on your server!

Waiting for my personal experience on it!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Rakayas
Fire Beetle

Location: don't look behind you (cause i'm not there....yet O.o)

i haven't been playing as much, mostly just been messing around on other servers. Looking forward to returning to Blood, seems like there's been quite a few changes in the past 2 weeks and hopefully if there's a char wipe i can enjoy starting over =D Akka=ub3r l337 g4m3 d3v3l0p3r