Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Avictory101
Fire Beetle

Default I wonder if my eqhost.txt file is right

I am really new to the EQ emulator thing and as far as I knew if I just wanted to play I do not have to DL anything, only if I want to setup my server! Which is impossible for me to do because I am on dial up har har :P. BUT I am unable to get past the login screen, its keeps saying that a "Connection to the server could not be reached." The only thing I can see wrong is that I do not have the correct eqhost.txt file. I have seen numerous ones but do not know which one I must DL so I can play? I have setup an account and everything just cannot get past the login screen :(. Also a side note. I ping the servers I do have and they all say request timed out. Thanks for any help
Old 10-10-2004, 02:52 PM
maveren
Sarnak

It doesnt get any easier than this!
Download one of the files below: (each file contains a eqhost.txt and a shortcut to leave on your desktop.)
C:/Program files/Sony/EverQuest/*
C:/Program files/Sony/EverQuest Trilogy/*
Copy the eqhost.txt file in the downloaded Zip folder to your EQ directory. The directory should match the download links above, if it doenst try the other. The EQEMu shortcut is your quick painless way to run eqgame.exe whithout patching, leave it on the desktop.

Edit: forgot to mention, piss off the Bushs as much as possible while your down there, you should have no problems setting it up then, GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Patch to live.

Open your eqhost.txt file

make sure its contents are:

Code:
[Loginserver]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994
If you are looking to host a server, you should view my guide, sticked at the top of the tutorials forum. Here's a link.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17531

Good luck.