Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Default Zebuxoruk Server (Official Serious Buisiness)

Firstly if you don't know me I am Jibbatwinkers and I'm a Mechanic Engineering major at Ohio State and that means there are sure to be 10+ grammatical mistakes in the post.

On with the shhow.

Zebuxoruk Server. We'll it's officially coming back and better than ever (hopefully). For those of you that don't know anything about the Zebuxoruk server I'll fill you in. I started it late 2005 with a few friends, was put on a dedicated server in early 2006 and I had to bring it down mid 2007 due to a move to an apartment with shared internet use :( so I couldn't host anymore. But I'm back in my old place and so is the good type of internet!

Zebuxoruk is a legit, custom server. There are over 1000 custom items, over 100 custom quests, and a whole bunch of awesome stuff in between including over 30 custom spawned and loot-tabled zones for you to explore. When the server comes back up in the next few days I will be locking everyone to the Nexus only as we make changes to the content and code behind the server. The proposed changes will be outlined in the next few days at the new server website. Ivanho a GM and content developer for me before will be helping things move along more smoothly.

I welcome all the old faces back and expect to see a lot of new ones. The new server website is zebserver.com (zebuxorukserver.com was lost, and also impossible to spell). Please just on the forums and express your opinions freely as I look forward to hearing from you.

zebserver.com
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
trevius
Developer

To anyone that hasn't played on Zebuxoruk before, it is no joke! That server has some serious custom content, and is probably my favorite server of all that I have played on. There are quests for epics up to 3.0, and we are not talking about killing a mob over and over again to get a note to hand in for your epic, these quests require you to kill multiple named spawns in multiple zones. His shield/back item quest series has 10 levels of upgrades for that slot and ranges from very low levels (15ish) up to 70, so you can work on the quest as you level.

His boss encounters will probably need some adjusting due to changes in how certain things work in the emu since he last updated it. But, that is no worry, as Jibba is very skilled at making encounters for Solo, Groups, or even raids. Not just melee bosses, but bosses with AE mana drains, AE knockback, etc etc.

If you want to try something new and different (if you have never played there before), I would urge you all to try out Zebuxoruk when it comes up.

I played there for 6 months and experienced almost all of his content. It will definitely take a while to get through everything. I used to GM on his server, but I have my own up and running right now. I will definitely log in his server when it comes up. I still have 3.0s to complete lol :P
Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 PM
onurisgfx
Fire Beetle

This is awesome news. Played on Zeb when it first came out and had 3 toons on there. Bruenor, Openn, and Bruinor. Great content. Good to see you are coming back Jibba. You know you will see me running around again.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

If there's one thing I respect Jibba for, it's his dedication to making content... I still dunno how he can balance college with all of this.

Good luck on coming back :)
Old 02-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Changes that will be made on the Zebuxoruk server this time around have been finalized. There will be a lot more changing than this but the major decisions have been made. Let us know what you think and read what changes are being made at zebserver.com
Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

The server is now up. Currently we are considering this a "beta stage" so any progress you make with a character during this week will be lost. The reason is there are going to be exp gain and quest changes at the lower levels. Once those fixes are done the server will release and we will work on the higher-end material at that point.

Make sure you can log in and check out the forums at zebserver.com for all the updates.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

what makes ZeB a unquqe server?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

right ,. been on 2day , decent server , Xp may need to be rised , on live , How it is these days , Btyw the time i got lvl 3 , i wouldt of got easy lvl 10
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Thanks for checking us out bowmaster. Keep in mind the server is currently in a "beta" type stage and a lot of changes are taking place including changes to the experience gain. We are still tweaking pretty much everything. I encourage you and everyone that gives the server a try to give us feedback at our forum www.zebserver.com/forum The server is built for players to have fun and if something isn't as fun as you think it could be let me know there and I will deffinately make some changes.

Thanks for the feedback and helping the Zebuxoruk Server get that much closer to a relaunch. See you around
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Launch date has been set! Here is the post from zebserver.com

That is right, the end of beta is coming! The server’s characters will be wiped Thursday night and on Friday the server will officially launch fresh. The development will continue but we feel we have gotten the server to a stable enough point to go ahead and open it up. The feedback from the community has been awesome and thing week we’ll be putting the finishing touches on everything to make sure things go smooth.

A lot of you have been waiting for the Zebuxoruk Server to go up for good and your wait is over. Stock up on Mountain Dew and Pizza Rolls and don’t forget to bring your favorite helm because it will be raining Ice Comets!!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Soulofsin
Fire Beetle

This is honestly one of the best servers I've ever played on. It's actually a challenge to become geared up, and level. Not like OMG I GOT 1 KILL AND AM 5! IM SO UBA 1337! So I reccomend this server. My chars name is Nightbane.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Sanity
Fire Beetle

Awesome to see you back Jibba! Hopefully I can find some time to play.

Mozzer/Igmod/Rook
Old 02-16-2008, 02:36 AM
joedan
Sarnak

Is this server laggy as hell or just me?
Old 02-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedan View Post
Is this server laggy as hell or just me?
I tried it out this morning and yes, there is something going on.. It's like the server would freeze up and then after a few seconds (15 or so) I would get a message saying something like the ability I was trying to use was not available. I was only Melee'ing and kicking (Monk), and then it would resume.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

A lot of people were having this issue on Saturday but it seems like this hasn't been much of a problem since then. There have been some isolated events in certain zones with lag but I'm trying to nail down what is causing that.