Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 AM
audioblivious
Sarnak

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql> UPDATE `user` SET Password=old_password('hire') WHERE Host='localhost' an' at line 1

is what i get
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
audioblivious
Sarnak

when i use :

SET PASSWORD FOR 'eqemu'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('hire');
i get this :#1133 - Can't find any matching row in the user table

when i use :mysql> UPDATE `user` SET Password=old_password('hire') WHERE Host='localhost' and User='eqemu';

i get this :#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql> UPDATE `user` SET Password=old_password('hire') WHERE Host='localhost' an' at line 1
now what??
Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
kiirdiir
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioblivious View Post
when i use :

SET PASSWORD FOR 'eqemu'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('hire');
i get this :#1133 - Can't find any matching row in the user table

when i use :mysql> UPDATE `user` SET Password=old_password('hire') WHERE Host='localhost' and User='eqemu';

i get this :#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql> UPDATE `user` SET Password=old_password('hire') WHERE Host='localhost' an' at line 1
now what??
Error #1133: No such user, eqemu, is about all I can see for that.

Error #1064: Syntax. Note the difference in single quotes surrounding user vs hire/localhost/eqemu. (` vs '. Use '.)
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Ok.

Ok, here is what you do...

Let's say your user that accesses the database for your server is "root".

You run this code:

Code:
set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');
Now, where it says 'newpwd' you change that to the password that you already have. When you set up MySQL with the password '121212' for root, then the code should look like this:

Code:
set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('121212');
If your username for the server is different than 'root' and it is something like '12user12' and your pass is '121212' then the code should look like this:

Code:
set password for '12user12'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('121212');
If you are having trouble doing this in the console, then you should use the console in a program like Navicat. You install Navicat and then setup the connection, then go to "tools" from the file menu, and click on "console..." or just hit the F6 key on your keyboard while the Navicat program is the active window.

Copy and paste your code into the console and hit the "Enter" key on the keyboard, and it should give you a message saying 0 rows effected or something to that effect.

That worked for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

In addition to the above, i'd like to put this out here for reference.

The only reason you're getting a user not found error is because you're trying to set a password for a non-existant user.

You can do this in three simple queries:

Code:
create user eqemu;
^ creates the user

Code:
grant all on *.* TO 'eqemu'@'localhost';
^ makes it root

Code:
flush privileges;

That will set up user eqemu. Now, you can go ahead and do the things listed in the post above me.

Since there's no password for our new user, you need to set one. (Well, you don't, but it helps, right?)

Replace newpwd with the password you want, do not delete the ' marks.

Code:
set password for 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');
Got that?

After that is done, use the username and password you JUST created for your server, and it will boot up.

Good job, you fixed your username problem, remember to edit eqemu_config.xml, use the guide on the wiki to edit the eqemu_config.xml

YOU CANNOT RUN A SERVER WITHOUT DOING THAT.

sidenote:
Quote:
This is also a good idea for people who don't want to have a root account used for everything, or allowing root access to other machines, simply replace the hostname and grant privileges, and you can use another machine to run the game server, similar to a server "farm".
Old 03-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Or just open Navicat and click on manage users, then create new user, and click on grant all. Then make the host "%" so you can access the machine from any host. Same thing done a different way.