Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:54 PM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default Firiona Vie Project (currently Kunark)-- why you should join this server...

Hey, all...

I'm a long retired (20+ years) EQ player from the classic/luclin era when I quit for good until about 2 months ago. Props to P99 for getting me back in the swing of things...it was the first server I came back to when I decided to give it a go…nothing but love for those folks too.

That's not what this message is about though-- I started FVP as I wanted to play a server that wasn't quite as mature (progression-wise) as P99 and kinda grow with it as it continues development-dont get me wrong it's already great!

I have found a really great core group of people on FVP (it's listed under preferred servers/green right now). The devs are active, answering questions, and out doing dev things. They are typically working on zones and "fixes"/updates along the way as they patch up the game with a current goal to be through Velious, but who knows (maybe they just keep going)? There is also a good core group of players who are active and will literally log in and run across zones to help with a bad CR or just advice or to get you going—I am one of those folks with no “ranking” on the server but I enjoy seeing new faces and would enjoy if more of you joined our cause….This message is unsolicited and just because I think there are many of us on the EQ emu page who would love such an experience.

This server is a little different than some of the others as it does allow boxing as many others do, but aims to have a largely firiona vie ruleset (era accurate where practical/possible with classic exp but with a group bonus potion available- agents of change are there too), and many things that are typically no drop are tradeable here. The server has it's own discord including channels for feedback, troubleshooting, getting started, mq2 help, etc. Classic quests, raids (pof, poh, sky, vox/nags, etc.) and dragons are available and the beginnings of the kunark raid bosses/dragons etc. I’m sure I am leaving out many things as again, I’m not a dev…but I wanted to highlight this server and draw some attention to it. It’s worth a look.

There are events pretty often and a WIKI:

https://fvproject.com/index.php/Main_Page

In some of the events, "classic" loots (rubicite, manastone, etc) are made available with their original drop rates…or global loots where a couple items may drop off any mob, but I maintain in my experience that the server is "legit" and a challenging, fun place to be. For example, I had to camp a manastone during a recent event where it was droppable, and it took me over 100 kills and 37 hours to get it done-- I'm saying what you get there you get from the player base or you earn yourself. Someone just today came up with a great idea—we box and do some team content already with groups, but we are looking to potentially set up and designate a voluntary GROUP NIGHT where each week we don’t box and team up old school like to add to the true original EQ feel and sense of community—there are usually about 50-100 characters on at any given time from what I’ve seen, which means that the population is indeed active.

Currently, the server is in the process of adding Kunark zones and the classic pre-Kunark experience is what most would consider already complete but things are fixed/updated from what I’ve seen regardless of zone as they are discovered-- we already have the base zones in like Overthere, FV, FM, Warsliks Woods, etc... we are soon adding EJ, DL, Kaesora, etc. The GM is Turmoil Toad who seems like a great guy and there are several devs on board with the project who are helping to keep it moving forward. It’s a passion project and I’m not certain when it will reach Velious (or beyond), but I can tell you I have seen nothing but kind people and they have stuck with this project for a while now and there is no reason they wouldn’t going forward—it would be great to see you there (I think it's been going longer than a year or so so far).

Last, I personally feel as though some of you (yeah, YOU!) and of the course the server would benefit from more online at any given time to help us test new zones/add new content, generate excitement, and improve upon our player economy, so hopefully YOU (yes, again, YOU) will join us soon! We'll help get you up and running if you want to be part of something in process but still complete enough to give you clear goals to shoot for / dragons/planes to raid, and work as a team all while doing it… look me up if you decide to join and hope to see some of you there!

Sincerely,

Sinnexx—formerly Reeves Vonador of Rodcet Nife (guild leader/officer and member of Mythmakers on original EQ—also a member of Circle of Sol and Arcane Legacy/raiding guilds)
Old 06-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Eastwood
Fire Beetle

Default Hey Reeves

Reeves,

I remember your name on Rodcet Nife, your name is very familiar. What guild were you in?

I was Kalaner, a wood elf ranger, and a few alts. Bit more casual, young, took breaks.

The Firiona Vie Project is great. It's my current favorite server due a nice blend of classic mechanics, and QoL roleplay server mechanics such as tradable loot, much less no drop. I also enjoy era progression.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:08 PM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default Fvp

Hey there!

yeah, your name is familiar too! I was leader of a guild called mythmakers on Rodcet Nife and was in Axiom Shift, Arcane Legacy and Circle of Sol over the course of my playtime. Feel free to look me up if you get on FVP again anytime soon - it seems like we had an influx of newer players this past week or so which is great!
Old 07-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Toony
Sarnak

Nife 4 Life!
Old 07-07-2022, 11:13 PM
Eastwood
Fire Beetle

I absolutely remember Arcane Legacy and Circle of Sol. Arcane Legacy was a guild I would have liked to join. Axiom Shift may have been a little towards my end of playing on life on Rodcet Nife. There was a cool Wood Elf druid I think named Aluan in CoS and AL. I dunno, names were weird back then.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:37 PM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default hey!

That's very cool, man...yes, good times in those guilds and with those people on Rodcet Nife circa 99/2000. I'm still having a great time on FVP and just got a group of people I'm teaming with while I finish rolling my own group to 50. Some new zones are getting released too very soon and I hope to see a bunch of you guys there soon - look me up if you drop by and I'll gladly help you any way I can.

Sinnexx
Old 07-27-2022, 10:30 AM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default August

BTW another plug for the server-- August is double exp month so a good time to join and catch up with the crew here...
Old 08-03-2022, 10:56 AM
vonamist
Fire Beetle

Default last post but I forgot to tell you guys this...

we literally just added more zones this week and the double exp event just started-- I know it is mentioned above but it's each August for a month-- so yeah-- perfect time to jump in with active devs and a population that has seen several join in the past few weeks-- look forward to seeing some of you there as I indicated above.