Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
clamister
Fire Beetle

Question Request for help for SOD server

Hello all,

I have spent the last 4 hours setting up a server from scratch for the first time. I am able to log in with EQ titanium on the regular login.eqemulator.net:5998 server just fine.

However when I try the www.tsahosting.net:5999 server with my SOD client, which is freshly downloaded from Steam (purchased it last night for 19.99), it bombs out on any of the servers on the list as "An unknown error occured while trying join the server."

My eqgame client is 4.64 MB (4,874,240 bytes).

Can some one that is able to successfully load into the SOD login server please try to connect to Void of the Abyss AND post the size of their client in bytes (actual size, not size on disk) to make sure I have the appropriate client, even though it has not been patched?

Help would be appreciated.

Also I do not know if a person on the outside of my LAN would be able to log in because i do not have any router port forwarding set to the server and I have yet to determine if this is a requirement (searching the forums as we speak).

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 PM
clamister
Fire Beetle

One thing I noticed that is probably of interest...

Code:
[05.07. - 02:44:06] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] username: Received unknown EQApplicationPacket
[05.07. - 02:44:06] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] [OpCode OP_Unknown (0x6a5f) Size=8]
[05.07. - 02:44:06] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] 0000: 49 42 b8 78 d9 42 b8 78 -                          | IB.x.B.x
[05.07. - 02:49:35] Unable to convert EQ opcode 0x6a5f to an Application opcode.
[05.07. - 02:49:35] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] username: Received unknown EQApplicationPacket
[05.07. - 02:49:35] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] [OpCode OP_Unknown (0x6a5f) Size=8]
[05.07. - 02:49:35] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] 0000: 41 03 11 06 8c 03 11 06 -                          | A.......
Not sure what this means but it probably provides a clue for those who know the OpCodes.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:14 PM
clamister
Fire Beetle

I have forwarded the required ports, 7000-7100 and 9000 to the server, and it still does not work, so that is not the problem, I knew it wasn't because it doesn't connect to any server, but hey had to give it a shot.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 PM
clamister
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Sorry everyone, this must be related to http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31243

I tried my brother's account on both PCs that were failing with mine and it worked.

The only difference with my account is that I entered the #setlsinfo 3 times with my account (twice incorrectly) and only once with his (correctly).

So I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it may.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 PM
trevius
Developer

Checking the size isn't the best way to tell which version you are running. The best way is go to into your Everquest/Logs/ folder and open the file named dbg.txt, and that will show you at the top, when that build was created. If the date there is 12/23/08 (I think that is the date, or near then), then it should be the correct one for SoD. If the date there is this year, then you somehow got a patched client.

It is possible that your account is just having issues on the tsahosting.net Login Server, as there are known bugs that seem to hit certain accounts and they are still trying to work that out. Normally, if you try another account, it should work. I suggest trying to connect to PEQ or Storm Haven before you try your own server, just so you can verify your client is correct. Also, you can try the projecteq.net Login Server if your EQEmu account is old enough that you can convert it to their Login Server.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Inxignio
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the response trevius.

It is not related to the incorrect entries for my email address under the login account.

Hopefully that opcode will help. That is what I am getting from the account that will not log in.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 PM
walk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Checking the size isn't the best way to tell which version you are running. The best way is go to into your Everquest/Logs/ folder and open the file named dbg.txt, and that will show you at the top, when that build was created. If the date there is 12/23/08 (I think that is the date, or near then), then it should be the correct one for SoD. If the date there is this year, then you somehow got a patched client.

I also bought SoD off Steam a couple days ago ($19.99) this is what I get

[Fri May 07 20:13:52 2010]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Dec 19 2008 15:22:49)

Is that the right vers?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Inxignio
Fire Beetle

[Fri May 07 20:45:59 2010]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Dec 19 2008 15:22:49) worked for me.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 AM
walk
Fire Beetle

How do I create an account on tsahosting.net ?
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 AM
trevius
Developer

You can't create an account directly on tsahosting.net. The only way to get an account on it, is to log into your EQEmu account on either PEQ or Storm Haven via the eqemulator.net Login Server on Titanium or SoF, and use the #setlsinfo command for each account you want to have access on from the tsahosting.net Login Server. Doing that will create a new account for you on the tsahosting.net Login Server, which will let you log in there with SoD.

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to play with SoD unless you also have Titanium or SoF to register the account(s). Hopefully that will be resolved at some point, but not until eqemulator.net upgrades the LS.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 AM
walk
Fire Beetle

Yeah that's where I'm stuck. What if someone else with the right client logs into my account and creates a character for me?