Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Those are warnings, not errors, and they are normal. Take a look again and see if you can post the actual errors. Not sure why you went through the process with perl 5.8 and 5.10, all you need is 5.14 installed fresh.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Thats the thing, it gave no errors, just failed one then skipped another.
I thought it odd that I got a fail with no errors only warnings.

I got sick of trying to figure out the perl issues so I covered all the bases.
I didn't really want to mod the code or rename files. I always seem to get in a bind eventually if I do. Just a preference I guess.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
I actually don't include the ancillary software in the precompiled binaries package. It would make it bigger and it's really not hard to download that stuff and install it from the source anyway. If you want to use the precompiled binaries you'll want to use 5.10 until I can figure out why 5.14 isn't working. If you're going to compile it yourself, then get what ever makes you happy.
Thanks. I would use perl 5.10 if I could get it. There seems to be no way to download it now unless you have $999 to spend on the business version or pro version. I will try to compile it with 5.12 and follow your advice for changing the references to perl510. Thanks for your help

Actually, I am playing on the Desdemona server now and it has the new bot code already. I like their custom content too. The only thing is they don't have all the LDoN camps up yet, just Butcherblock but I am hoping they will have the others in soon. I may not need to compile my own but I probably will anyway, just for the experience because I find it interesting. I am learning this stuff now, LOL.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
joligario
Developer

Perl 5.10 comes standard in XAMPP. That's what I'm using.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Perl 5.10 comes standard in XAMPP. That's what I'm using.
Good to know! I will give that a try I guess since everything is built around Perl 5.10~

Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

5.14 should work in your set up though. You should have some build logs. Without your error we can't really tell you what to fix. Find the build logs and take a look in them to see what the error is. If it fails to build it is because there is an error. If you find it, let us know.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

I tried using perl510 that comes with Xampp but it does not come with PPM (Pearl Packet Manager) so I could not do the PPM installs. It did compile nicely tho.

Using Activeperl 5.12 worked nicely after following your advice and doing a find/replace on the source for "perl510.lib" and replacing with "perl512.lib". I am using a server I compiled the binaries with this way. Thanks for your help with that.

It stands to reason that I should be able to do the same with Perl 5.14 so I will try that next just to see if it works but I am not in any rush right now since my server is up and running!

Thanks again Andrew80k and everyone else for the support.

Next I want to get the peqphpeditor up and running so I can fix a few minor things like putting backpacks on the Merchant in the tutorialb zone and on some merchants in PoK.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you are using Visual Studio 2010 the default is to expect Perl 5.14.

If you are using Visual Studio 2008 and try to make it use Perl 5.14 it will compile, but your zones will crash and you will be unhappy. There's a reason it isn't the default on that compiler.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
5.14 should work in your set up though. You should have some build logs. Without your error we can't really tell you what to fix. Find the build logs and take a look in them to see what the error is. If it fails to build it is because there is an error. If you find it, let us know.
OK, took your advice and tried it again. I compiled with VS c++ 2010, 32bit build, release bots.

eqlaunch failed, the other 4 were successful, and of course it skipped the queryserver part since that is only for the 64bit version.

Here is the build log for eqlaunch:

Code:
Build started 1/19/2012 6:08:57 PM.
     1>Project "C:\Source\trunk\EQEmuServer\eqlaunch\eqlaunch.vcxproj" on node 2 (build target(s)).
     1>InitializeBuildStatus:
         Touching ".\../Build/eqlaunch/Release\eqlaunch.unsuccessfulbuild".
       ClCompile:
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /I../perl/CORE /I../zlib/include /I"../mysql 5.6/include" /Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /O2 /Ob1 /Oy- /D _WINDOWS /D NDEBUG /D WIN32 /D _CONSOLE /D EQDEBUG=5 /D _MBCS /GF /Gm- /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo".\../Build/eqlaunch/" /Fd".\../Build/eqlaunch/vc100.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:prompt eqlaunch.cpp worldserver.cpp ZoneLaunch.cpp ..\common\debug.cpp ..\common\EmuTCPConnection.cpp ..\common\EmuTCPServer.cpp ..\common\EQEmuConfig.cpp ..\common\logsys.cpp ..\common\logsys_eqemu.cpp ..\common\md5.cpp ..\common\misc.cpp ..\common\MiscFunctions.cpp ..\common\Mutex.cpp ..\common\packet_dump.cpp ..\common\packet_functions.cpp ..\common\ProcLauncher.cpp ..\common\TCPConnection.cpp ..\common\TCPServer.cpp ..\common\timer.cpp ..\common\tinyxml\tinystr.cpp ..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp ..\common\tinyxml\tinyxmlerror.cpp ..\common\tinyxml\tinyxmlparser.cpp ..\common\worldconn.cpp ..\common\XMLParser.cpp
         eqlaunch.cpp
         worldserver.cpp
         ZoneLaunch.cpp
         debug.cpp
         EmuTCPConnection.cpp
         EmuTCPServer.cpp
         EQEmuConfig.cpp
         logsys.cpp
         logsys_eqemu.cpp
         md5.cpp
     1>c:\source\trunk\eqemuserver\common\../common/seperator.h(42): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(105) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
     1>..\common\md5.cpp(61): warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(363) : see declaration of '_snprintf'
         misc.cpp
         MiscFunctions.cpp
         Mutex.cpp
     1>..\common\Mutex.cpp(128): warning C4800: 'BOOL' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
         packet_dump.cpp
         packet_functions.cpp
         ProcLauncher.cpp
         TCPConnection.cpp
         TCPServer.cpp
         timer.cpp
     1>..\common\timer.cpp(68): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'long', possible loss of data
         tinystr.cpp
     1>c:\source\trunk\eqemuserver\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.h(280): warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(188) : see declaration of 'strncpy'
         Generating Code...
         Compiling...
         tinyxml.cpp
     1>c:\source\trunk\eqemuserver\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.h(280): warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(188) : see declaration of 'strncpy'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(103): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(371) : see declaration of 'sprintf'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(126): warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(105) : see declaration of 'strcpy'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(718): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(371) : see declaration of 'sprintf'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(726): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(944): warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(989): warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(234) : see declaration of 'fopen'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(1122): warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(325) : see declaration of 'sscanf'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(1129): warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
                 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\stdio.h(325) : see declaration of 'sscanf'
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(1137): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
     1>..\common\tinyxml\tinyxml.cpp(1144): warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
         tinyxmlerror.cpp
         tinyxmlparser.cpp
         worldconn.cpp
         XMLParser.cpp
         Generating Code...
       Link:
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /OUT:".\..\Build\eqlaunch.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:../perl/CORE /LIBPATH:../zlib/lib /LIBPATH:"../mysql 5.6/lib" zlib.lib wsock32.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:".\../Build/eqlaunch/Release\eqlaunch.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /PDB:".\../Build/eqlaunch/eqlaunch.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE:NO /IMPLIB:".\..\Build\eqlaunch.lib" /MACHINE:X86 .\../Build/eqlaunch/eqlaunch.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/worldserver.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/ZoneLaunch.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/debug.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/EmuTCPConnection.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/EmuTCPServer.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/EQEmuConfig.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/logsys.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/logsys_eqemu.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/md5.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/misc.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/MiscFunctions.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/Mutex.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/packet_dump.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/packet_functions.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/ProcLauncher.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/TCPConnection.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/TCPServer.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/timer.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/tinystr.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/tinyxml.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/tinyxmlerror.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/tinyxmlparser.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/worldconn.obj
         .\../Build/eqlaunch/XMLParser.obj
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflate referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit_ referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflate referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
     1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit2_ referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
     1>.\..\Build\eqlaunch.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
     1>Done Building Project "C:\Source\trunk\EQEmuServer\eqlaunch\eqlaunch.vcxproj" (build target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:24.10
I don't know enough about this to debug it, maybe someone can take a look and tell me what to do. If so, I appreciate the support! Thanks folks.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew1960 View Post
I tried using perl510 that comes with Xampp but it does not come with PPM (Pearl Packet Manager) so I could not do the PPM installs. It did compile nicely tho.
Just an FYI since you aren't using it anymore, but PPM is there. Perhaps you didn't include the perl/bin in your environment variables?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Try and post errors only.

Quote:
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflate referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit_ referenced in function "int __cdecl DeflatePacket(unsigned char const *,int,unsigned char *,int)" (?DeflatePacket@@YAHPBEHPAEH@Z)
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflate referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
1>packet_functions.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit2_ referenced in function "unsigned int __cdecl InflatePacket(unsigned char const *,unsigned int,unsigned char *,unsigned int,bool)" (?InflatePacket@@YAIPBEIPAEI_N@Z)
These are all from zlib.lib being missing.