Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

Default Map trouble

Hello i am new to the forums as well as to everquest emulation, i have slowley been through the setup guide for a server and so far all the steps have worked up to the point of putting the maps in. All the links point me to sourceforge for the file but for some reason it says its incomplete when unzipping. Anyone else had this problem or know of a diff source to get the packs. Thanks for any help or advice.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you likely won't be unzipping any map files to run a server as they are fairly large, so i'm not sure what you're trying to unzip.

which guide are you going by?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:35 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

to be honest theres so many different ones i went wih the one i could find the files for. looking for a somewhat simple guide because im a gamer not really a tech guy. the guide is http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

i believe the most up to date maps are located here. i'm not sure if they'll work with the older version of the emulator you've likely downloaded. in order to make sure you're current with the database/quest scripts, it's likely going to be best if you compile your own binaries. there aren't that many more steps, honestly, and compilation has been made a lot easier as of late. the most current guides for compilation/configuration are here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35722
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 PM
VileDeeds
Fire Beetle

ill look all of this over tomorrow after work. thank you for the help.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

you need to download TortoiseSVN, this is what you need to download to get server files