Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Default Help with single-machine server & client

Hello. This is my first post on the forum, and hope the EQEMU gurus can help me.

I followed the guides and tutorials to set up Everquest Titanium and EQEMU on one computer. I run Everquest and the login server/minilogin on the same machine. Once I get the one machine working I may try to set up a LAN configuration with my other computer so I can 2-box, but for now just getting the first machine to work has been a challenge for over a week.

I have previously been able to connect to, login and play on other servers, but when I try to connect to my own my server list in the client is blank.

I set everything up exactly as the guides stated.

When I initially run the minilogin and start the server the minilogin/zone/world/server windows work fine according to the guides, and states that "1 server, 0 client" is connected. When I then run the Everquest client, the windows then state "1 server, 1 client connected", but my server does not show up in the server list when I run the client.

I am using a direct internet connection through a cable modem, and won't connect to a router until I am ready to start a LAN configuration for my second machine. I have Zone Alarm running, but everything has permissions, and I have also shut Zone Alarm down, but the server list was still blank, so it is not a firewall issue. Windows Firewall is disabled, and no antivirus software is running.

The machine specs are:
Windows XP SP2
3.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 CPU
3GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GO 7800 GTX.

Here as my config file contents:

EQHOST.TXT:

[LoginServer]
Host=127.0.0.1:5999

eqemu_config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Kindred</shortname>
<longname>Kindred</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>mysql</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

LoginServer.ini:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=Kindred
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

I would appreciate it if any EQEMU gurus can tell me what I need to tweak in order to get my server to show up in the server list in the client so I can login to the server and play. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Forgot to add, I can login to my server (and others) by using the eqemulator.net login server (and editing the config files to connect to the eqemulator.net login server), but when I configure the files to connect to my network directly from my machine using minilogin, I get a blank server screen in the client server list. So everything works fine, other than me being able to get a server list on my own machine.

The reason I need to be able to connect to my server on my own machine or via a LAN setup is because I may not always have internet access to be able to connect to the eqemulator.net login server. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Can anyone help me to configure these files so that I can run and play on my own server without having to use the internet to connect to the eqemulator.net login server? Please help.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 AM
trevius
Developer

I would help, but I am not an expert in the mini login setup. You may have been better off posting this in the mini login section of the forums instead of the windows server section. That might be why you haven't gotten any answers. Also, you might want to read and read and read the posts in that section and most likely you will find your answer before too long.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:03 AM
kavren
Sarnak

2 things:

make sure your MySQL database has you as a client with a name and an ip address and gm level and all that stuff

also, make sure that you eqhost.txt file is set to the right ip address and, more importantly, that it is set to port 5999 and *not* 5998. That is where i messed up on when i did my mini login server.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:51 AM
browsebot
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the advice. My port was indeed set to 5998 instead of 5999. The more threads I read the more confused I became because a lot of the threads have conflicting information. I hope someone updates the definitive setup guide so we have a central source for reference instead of going through countless threads that sometimes say different things.