Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Valdis01
Sarnak

Default Solo Progression W/Bots

Hey guys, the name is Sinclipse! I have finally decided to make my own server with a feel of what I've been looking for in a server... The server is a progression server (Everything is unlocked at the moment *Going to fix that eventually*) Level 50 cap, you have to loot items off of 3 bosses of Classic EQ (Phinny/Vox/Naggy) to unlock the next expansion (The unlocks are ACCOUNT wide. NOT server wide).

>WE ARE LOOKING FOR GM/DEV PLACEMENTS<

GM Events, daily (Possible Epic 1.0 PARTS, some crafted gear... Kinda depends)

Box limit is 2, as you are allowed 2 bots per per. (Leaving you a total of 6 people in group...)

First bot is at level 10, by completing a very small/easy quest (Implemented soon)

Second bot is obtained at level 30, by completing a quest a bit harder that requires you going around obtaining items from zones that you may need help in...

For more information, please log on and send a message to 'Sinclipse' as I will be on working on the server... Thanks so much guys. Have a great time on the server.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:01 AM
blurman2000
Fire Beetle

Hey Sinclipse,

Thanks for introducing a new server.

However, I was trying to log into it to see how's it like and it kept kicking me back to the login screen.

I don't know if that's just my issue but I thought I let ya know just in case it is a server thing.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Sounds like an interesting idea. I know how to lock out expansions, but how do you unlock them for each account? Do you have it set up like flags are with PoP?

Maybe I missed it in your OP, but what is the name of the server?

What is your database and bots based from? Is it PEQ with the latest EQemu bots, or are you basing it off of the AX-PEQ database and their bot system? The AX-PEQ database has a similar set up for unlocking bots, so I was wondering if yours was based off of that too.

I hope to give it a shot soon.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Valdis01
Sarnak

Blurman - I figured it out, sorry about that, server is running fully now.. =)

EQstarr - You know how to lock expansions? That would be amazing... I think I'm just going to globally unlock them... How to do them for each account is a Quest though that gives you the flags, much like PoP yes, =)..

It's... !!Solo Progression W/Bots ~LEGIT! =)

DB and Bots based is 2029 (the most updated one that I've found). I'm using smart bots, some of them self programmed (They heal better, and they CC better too. =P)... I still have to implement the QUEST for the bots, not sure how to do that yet, as I'm just starting a server with bots for the first time... Heh..

See ya online. =)
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Valdis01
Sarnak

A few updates...

First - The chars name to send messages to, is Evever now, not Sinclipse (DB error caused Sinclipse to be blocked, GG me) - and my DEV helper, Olympian. =)

The server now has Alpha bracers (For a limited time) - For all of our 'alpha testers' sow clicky, pretty nice.. =), this will change to a Beta Bracer when Beta comes out, and it will be a bit different, still, no sow clicky, so, limited time offer here...

The server ALSO has a Charm built in (It'll be the most OP item on you till level 60 or so). The charm is never meant to be replaced with a clicky gate effect (Original, right?)

A HUB zone is in place, we are still working a few tweaks, such as a porter to Gfay/Oggok, etc etc etc for your certain class, till then... GM's will port you there.

Within 1-2 weeks, all the zones expansion 2+ WILL BE LOCKED, so 'exploit' them now.

- Any questions? Comments? Sinclipse@gmail.com
Thanks!
Evever~~Sinclipse.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Adol77
Fire Beetle

Loving this server so far, classic feel to it with bots. Devs are really active on implementing things and friendly. Try this server out it really looks promising!.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Server is down. 1/25/12 10am CT.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Valdis01
Sarnak

Thank you for the warning, Kavanah, my router has died on me, I just got it fixed, the server is back up, if for some reason you cannot connect, please message me here, or email me (Email above), I'll fix it, my IP changed... For some weird reason.. COuld be going from Linksys to a Belkin... Lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:11 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

Locking out expansions can be done in the Variables table under "expansions". 255 opens it up to all expansions, while 0 is Classic, 1 is Kunark, etc. I fooled around with it and was able to duplicate some of the messages you get on P99 when trying to make a Froglok, Vah Shir, Beastlord, Berserker, etc.... "you need to purchase xxx expansion".

Although you can lock out Ykesha, it doesn't disable the map feature, which I was kinda hoping for. I haven't tested to see if locking out those later expansions changes the tradeskill containers and bank inventory back to their original versions or not.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Valdis01
Sarnak

Hmm, I'll have to go in and lock those... Hopefully no one has any races on here that they aren't spose to, or it's a free race change for them... Heh.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Valdis01
Sarnak

16383 is current set value... That's all the expansions.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Valdis01
Sarnak

Sorry for updates here, but this is the last one... Got a website up (Temporary)
Go there for all updates and server related things, - Thanks for the support in our first week of Alpha we have 25 active accounts (9 of which are boxs), but! Still good.

See you in the server. =)

http://progressionrealm.guildlaunch.com/
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
EQstarr
Sarnak

I gave it a try last night. So everyone is funneled to Surefall and then play from there? I didn't see a porter, but then I may have missed it.

Qeynos Hills looks like it has some problems. I saw several mobs that were trying to walk in the air and were falling. It made targeting difficult, and only my bots could attack them. In fact, both bots wound up in the air attacking the mob. There's also a rabid wolf roaming around that looks a bit too big.

I'm assuming that players start off in Classic and unlock to get to Kunark, etc.? Are you following the same progression unlock path as Live was doing on the Progression Servers?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:52 PM
trentn
Fire Beetle

Default come try it out

Would love for some new people to come try this server out. Total of 4 bots (2 per IP) so you have a full group if you 2 box. Can level 1-60 in 2 days and it's quite the challange an fun to kill mobs with one group.

Most of the content is built to one group and the server is created to keep the classic legit EQ in place. There is a spellscriber and skill bot available for platinum as well to take that running around and scribing out since that is not fun.

There is some raid content (VP comes to mind) that 2-3 groups can handle. Spawn timers will be updated (tonight is what the GM stated) to have mobs respawn within hours for bosses of each expansion.

Smart bots are enabled. AWESOME server and Horace/Olympian and Evever have done an excellent job with it so far.

Come try us out

Diesel
Old 02-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Valdis01
Sarnak

In Surefall Glade, there is now a Teleporter to Velious zones, as well as Plane of Hate (As the Bots appears to be broken for ports) for a limited time, we're offering 'Recruit-a-friend' where you and the person who recruited you will get bonuses throughout your leveling time.

If you have any questions that you need answered please visit us at www.progressionrealm.guildlaunch.com

or hit us up online, We will be happy to help you...

Evever - The Creator.