Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:26 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Default Looking for a solution to this DR1 problem...

Hi folks.

I was able to get 0.6.1 DR1 compiled flawlessly - huzzah! All happy and shiznit till I went to run the stupid thing.

World.exe -
Quote:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Shawn>cd C:\EQEMU SERVER

C:\EQEMU SERVER>world
Got signal 2
[Status] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_world_3632.log
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.6.1-DR1
[Status] Loading opcodes..
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_3632.log
[Error] Function Attach Error: Error #127

[Error] LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed to attach a function.
Unable to load EMuShareMem for opcodes.
[Error] Loading opcodes failed. I cant live like this!
Sure looks like I'm missing a file - but opcodes.conf is in the directory. So what exactly else is needed to get the server running? Devs? Anyone else who's got a working copy? Help please!!

Regards,
SI
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Send me a zip of the compiled 6.1DR1 and I'll see if I can get it working or figure out why it's not.

It looks like you might be missing the emusharemem.dll or something like that.

EDIT:: Sarepeansky@yahoo.com if you send me a copy of the zip. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

I have emusharemem.dll in the directory as well ...but sure I'll send you a copy of dr1 anyway.

Regards,
SI
Old 05-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Thanks. I was about to head out the door, but I'll get to tinkering with all of this as soon as I get back. =)
Old 05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I had that same problem when dynamic opcodes first hit CVS for 6.0DR3. My solution was and still is to use .NET 2003 to compile. For whatever reason VS 6.0 compiles always give me that error. Also, .NET compiles the release source flawlessly out of the box so to say without having to editing the projects. (Perl compile fails with the same errors as VS 6.0)
Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

FYI, all official Windows compiles use VS .NET (2k3 I believe) just as you do. If you are still using VS 6.0, you might want to consider compiling with .NET 2k3 -- as of last I heard, this is what the devs consider "official" and they probably won't go out of their way to keep backward compatibility with older Visual Studio versions.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:29 PM
mystic414
Hill Giant

I had that exact problem.

You need to add a bunch of files to the sharemem and world projects. Look in the common directory and add common headers/source files like emu_opcodes.h/.cpp emu_oplist, eq_opcodes, opcodemgr... basically everything with "opcode" in it. Recompile and it should work fine.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Thanks guys. Actually I do use VS.NET 2003 ..always have. I'll recompile it later with your tip Mystic. Would be cool if it works. thanks again!

Regards,
SI
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Re-download the source and use the server.sln to compile file NOT the dsw file. It will work perfectly without having to change a thing.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:21 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Hey, thanks cavedude. I had tried opening the .sln file in vs.net prior to this issue but always got an error message and just assumed it didn't work because of it. Just goes to show that one should never assume. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Regards,
SI
Old 05-06-2005, 05:12 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Alright, so I got everything compiled yay.

2 Questions -

1. Some thing called "pf2text" compiled with the project, but I can't find any relevent files that looked like they were really needed with the server files. What is it for?

2. When starting world, I get a "#2006 MySQL server has gone away." error after every bit that world.exe loads (there is a post a few posts down that illustrates the exact same thing, but nobody answered it, poo). I've been setting up and running EQemu servers for quite a while, and never had problems like this. Since the system has undergone some hefty changes in the way things work and that, it's been getting even more confusing as to what I could be doing wrong. I checked all router and firewall settings, all checked out okay. There shouldn't be a reason that MySQL is not accepting a connection from world.exe, but it is not. Also, I sourced all the new stuff in to the DB, checked the server files, did all of that shiznit. Anyone have any ideas on this? Obviously other people have gotten this working, and I would appreciate their insight. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SI
Old 05-06-2005, 07:43 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'm not exactly sure what pf2text is used for, but I believe it converts data from live logs to data that emu can use. It isn't required by the server to run properly, though that I am sure of.

As for your MySQL error, are you using the newest MySQL? If so try to go back to a previous version. I haven't been able to get Emu to work with the current version.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

I'm using MySQL Servers & Clients version 4.0.23 - same version I've been using for quite a while with no problems. Is there another version of the MySQL system that works with 0.6.1? If so I'd be willing to switch. Let me know, thanks.

Regards,
SI
Old 05-06-2005, 10:03 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

That version works with 0.6.1 DR1, or it should rather. I'm using 4.0.21 myself but they are close enough. Since my binaries can connect to the db fine, it's probably pretty safe to rule out the code at being at fault so the problem is configuration... Double check db.ini and make sure the db is correct and also that the user and host both have access to the db named. Try setting the username as root in the ini. If it connects, then you know you have an authorization problem. I know you said you updated the db but just make sure you run through all the updates. If I remember correctly, it was a pair of .sql files, some single queries, and a couple of perl scripts.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:22 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Perl scripts? I saw those ..but wasn't sure what to do with them. I tried to run them through the command line via >perl script.pl however I just got a bunch of errors. I put them in the server directory in hopes they would help somehow ..but no. I'll go ahead and revert to MySQL 4.0.21 and see if that makes any difference, and also try root access through db.ini. I'll let you know if it works.

PS - I remember a problem like this with DR3 - sometimes it would work fine, other times I would get this. Then I'd revert back to DR2 and everything was fine. Go figure.

Regards,
SI