Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Awwwe, that sucks! I hope everyone who wanted it has gotten it already... I will go around and update all of the posts that mention the sale to reflect the change.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:44 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Thank you trevius. I was getting a tad worried because I did what you said on a Windows 7 machine...and I get some memory errors on load up. I will bring it home later and try it out...as I have many Windows XP machines there.

Also...since I mentioned it...does anyone have SOD working on Windows 7? If so...did you have to do anything fancy for it to work. In order to get SOF working on Windows 7...I had to install direct x 9c...but it worked after that. I did not have the same success with SOD.

-Djeryv
Old 04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
trevius
Developer

I have Titanium, SoF, SoD, and EQLive all installed on my Windows 7 Ulimate 64bit system and they all work fine. I didn't have to do anything special at all to get SoD running on Windows 7, it just worked. Maybe you were missing a file or something. I wouldn't be surprised if you still need to install DX9c for SoD, but mine worked right away on Windows 7 (though I already had DX9c installed from previous EQ installs).
Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 PM
loglos
Sarnak

I'm also running win7ult 64 and I have it running but I had to load dx9c first. Once I did that, it all ran fine.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Moved this from news since the sale is over.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, Cavedude. I will probably make a news post about EQEmu being compatible with SoD again once Rogean gets the Public Login Server working with it. It will basically just be an informational news post to let people know a bit about the expansion and where to get it and such.

I will also make sure to update the install wiki guide to add SoD specific instructions to it once it works with the Public Login Server.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
js26170
Fire Beetle

I purchased and downloaded the steam SoD yesterday right before the sale closed but even changing the port number and trying it using 2 different sets of eqhost.txt settings I cant get it to go online. It gives a "cannot connect to server" message

[code:1:fb7b962cbb][LoginServer]
Host=projecteq.net:5999
[/code:1:fb7b962cbb]

or

[LoginServer]

Ive also set the shortcut for eqgame.exe with the
" patchme statement.

Ive tried with all firewalls disabled and still cant connect.

I am online running SoF client just fine on the same XP machine so I know it has to be something in either my SoD DL or a setting im missing, Any help would be great.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I think PEQ is the only current server that people can play on with SoD until Rogean gets the Public LS working with it. It looks like you had the eqhost.txt file set correctly as far as I can tell.

I think PEQ requires that you register your account to be able to log into their secondary private Login Server. Does your SoF install work on their Private LS ok? If so, the eqghost.txt file for SoD should be exactly the same as the one you have on SoF, accept the port should be 5999 instead of 5998.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
js26170
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Yeah, I think PEQ is the only current server that people can play on with SoD until Rogean gets the Public LS working with it. It looks like you had the eqhost.txt file set correctly as far as I can tell.

I think PEQ requires that you register your account to be able to log into their secondary private Login Server. Does your SoF install work on their Private LS ok? If so, the eqghost.txt file for SoD should be exactly the same as the one you have on SoF, accept the port should be 5999 instead of 5998.
I use the EQemu login on SoF. But no I hadnt claimed on the PEQ. I claimed my account and attempted the login again, now its giving a "timed out" message. I checked my EQhost file and its changed to the following on its own....

[LoginServer] ]

[LoginServer]
Host=xp-smitchell:7308
Host1=
Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
trevius
Developer

This is what you want it set to:

Code:
[LoginServer]
Try using it on your SoF install and if it works there, then it should work for SoD as well. If it still doesn't work on SoD, then maybe you patched SoD by mistake after you downloaded it from Steam.

Make sure you use the exact text I have in that code box above though. All of the other examples you have tried so far have not been exactly accurate. Also, make sure that the shortcut you created is for the eqgame.exe not the everquest.exe file.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 AM
js26170
Fire Beetle

Thanks so much, I changed SoF to PEQ and it logged in fine showing just the one server. Then i copied exactly what you put in the eqhost file and this time it logged in to SoD and didnt change the host info.

I dont know what was different other than using the PEQ host file in my SoF from when i tried the second host info from my first post but it works great now on both clients. Thanks!!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
ChodExplode
Fire Beetle

I purchased this game during the sale. Should i download SoF or SoD. I would currently like to start playing. Can i just download SoF and start playing once i follow the instructions on this website?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:51 PM
titan_g
Fire Beetle

I don't believe believe they have the login ready for SoD. The login stalls after entering in the user name and password. But before I removed it, SoF was working fine.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
ChodExplode
Fire Beetle

When you guy SOD special it came with a SOF as a seperate download from SoD. So am i able to download just SoF ands play. Sorry if im not getting this right away.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
trevius
Developer

From what I have heard, the SoF download from Steam is just the same download as SoD is as far as files go. I am not really sure why it is there other than maybe as a backup download or something.

Currently, the only way to play using SoD is to register over at the PEQ website and use their private Login Server. They use the open source Login Server for their second LS connection, and that one is compatible with SoD. We are still waiting on the Public Login Server to be updated so it is compatible with SoD.