Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Akujin
Fire Beetle

Default New User - Asking a Question

Well, I was reading and I just got started today, or at least tried too... I did everything right and because it tells me not to patch, I didn't patch... But when I go to make a character, and get ready for the starting zone all it tells me is "Zone doesn't exist" was wondering how I could get past this...

Note: I've only tried to make Iksar characters, and yes I have the expansion pack that if I remember right it needs. Ruins of Kunark.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Other choices?

Greetings,

have you perhaps tried making characters in other starting cities (obvious question... )?
I had this problem as well, I was trying to make iksar starting in cabeast and it would crash the client to the desktop and say the zone didn't exist. I think it might be your patch version..
It sounds like you're hosting a minilogin server ? if so what version and databases do you use?

kindest regards,
Old 07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Akujin
Fire Beetle

ACtually i'm not running a mini-server, and I did create a Dwarf... Then it said that I had the wrong patch or something and kicked me off of the server, does EQEmu work with a fresh install of Everquest?

Last edited by Akujin; 07-18-2005 at 01:39 AM..
Old 07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akujin
ACtually i'm not running a mini-server, and I did create a Dwarf... Then it said that I had the wrong patch or something and kicked me off of the server, does EQEmu work with a fresh install of Everquest?
No, that would kinda be a nice thing to have, but at this point you cant run from a non-patched version. The changes are quite extreme from the released version to what is available now. And the biggest problem is that when a new person shows up to try out EQEmu, they usually have to wait around untill the newest version.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Akujin
Fire Beetle

Well, i'm not sure if it's against the rules or not... So if it is just say so, but could you tell me the current patch number that EQEmu works with...?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default It depends

The patch number / version number that works with the emulator is different depending on which version of the emulator you use, you'll see things lik 6.0dr2 and 6.1dr1 , those are different versions of the emulator, and they all work with differnt patches. If you search for the EQVersion check program, it will not only give you your version number.. which you can post and ask about, but will have a button you click on that will TELL you which version of the emulator to use!

kindest regards,