Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:16 PM
caylah023
Sarnak

Default pvp based on faction

i remember a while back that soe had a teams based pvp server and that seemed close to the idea im using for mine the only difference is that on mine its three different factions. your faction standing can only be set to positive for one at a time but heres the problem. not sure how to allow pvp based on a players faction.....for example

player a=faction a

player b=faction b

player c=faction a

player a should not be able to attack player c but should be able to attack player be while player b can attack both players a and c.

planning to use three core factions for players and to control player relations with certain zones and so on. but since ive not seen any rules for this im wondering how hard it would be to do. also need to be able to set a players initial faction based upon the choice of starting zone. any help here would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance for your time viewing this.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
caylah023
Sarnak

well im sure hoping theres no replies cus i bored the hell outa yall :p

if anyone knows how to do this please dont be shy.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

There is a function in the source (I think its called canAttack or isAttackable...something like that) that returns true or false depending on if the attacking mob can attack the defending mob. Somewhere in the middle of it there is a special check for client (and client pet) on client (or client pet) conditions. You would probably want to modify that block so that its checking vs. some factions instead of what it currently does. You could then expose a function to perl that you could call which would max the faction you want them to be, while simulataniously bottoming out the others. You would probably want to create a #command that would call the same function that Perl would use, so that you could change peoples factions in game for whatever reason.

Is this what you were looking for or did I completely miss the mark?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Maybe you could just do guilds and make them all at war
Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 AM
caylah023
Sarnak

good idea. sadly a bit beyond my skills for now
gonna start reading my books
thank you for the reply i knew there would be a way to do it.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

If you look in the zone folder the file named aggro.cpp is where you need to make this happen. The function is called IsAttackAllowed and this is where you need to set your rules at.

It shouldn't be that hard just take a look at the function and study the source for a bit. By studying the source you should be able to copy/cut and add your way into what you want.