Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Zordana
Sarnak

btw:
send me a PM if you wanna help in any way (UI design, etc..)
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Zordana
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
That would be neat. It's definitely possible because EQ does it. You login at the patcher level and click play and it takes you directly to the server select.

Maybe someone can reverse the process...

i dont know if there are parameters to directly connect and what kind of protocoll the loginserver uses, but if anyone can provide information, send me a PM
Old 05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Zordana
Sarnak

preview of the new version
Old 05-05-2010, 12:35 AM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

For older EQ clients, the method for connecting to a server revolved around a third party client if my memory serves me right. I'll ask those EQ Classic guys working with a velious client if they can give us any information on that.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

As busy as I am (school work have me packed), I have been trying to do piddly stuff to prepare for the big haul to get my server released. Trying to be quiet about it all until then. I decided to fry up some stuff in photo shop.

This probably took maybe about 100 layers or so to do, and I am posting it here for analysis before I give all the final product to Zord to slap it together. And it surprisingly maybe took me almost an hour. But what do you all think?

PS: I noticed the buttons are slightly off, I will just mirror them to look more appropriate.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Zordana
Sarnak

the border and the buttons look awesome! wondering where you stole em

the text "by moestaverne" and "by akkadius" looks really ugly tho
and the background could need a more friendly color

go on with the good work!!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
steve
Discordant

It also shouldn't say 'Project' - PEQ is a server/database and since this is meant for multiple server use, it should just say EQEmu.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
It also shouldn't say 'Project' - PEQ is a server/database and since this is meant for multiple server use, it should just say EQEmu.
I won't disagree, although it was something I put together really quick for look/feel impression. And honestly having the EQemu logo is kind of in question as well.

I'll send some messages and find a few things out other than just that.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

He might have to do a lot of extra work to get transparency to work properly in the launcher.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Transparency wouldn't be overly hard. Now one thing I do fear is the patching files thing. It's a little no no. If we could limit the patching to ascii (aka .txt) files I think this would be pretty solid.

Other than that Zord what did you have in mind for regulating the uploading via the server administrators?

I can fix up the launcher stuff here as soon as you need me to. Send me a PM for and details on certain formats as I have it saved altogether and in pieces (.psd and .png)
Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

I don't know how he wrote that software but I've seen some people struggle with transparency. I wouldn't know. :p

I have more than enough space and bandwidth (unlimited on both) as far as hosting patches is concerned. You could make direct ftp connections to my server and I could setup a mutual control panel to allow server owners to setup and install their own patches. And you won't have to worry as I have had this server since around 2005. I don't intend on ever getting rid of it.

We could setup folders for each server depending on their shortname and deploy patches in that manner.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Zordana
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoX View Post
I don't know how he wrote that software but I've seen some people struggle with transparency. I wouldn't know. :p

I have more than enough space and bandwidth (unlimited on both) as far as hosting patches is concerned. You could make direct ftp connections to my server and I could setup a mutual control panel to allow server owners to setup and install their own patches. And you won't have to worry as I have had this server since around 2005. I don't intend on ever getting rid of it.

We could setup folders for each server depending on their shortname and deploy patches in that manner.
thanks alot for this offer, but i think im fine on this, i already set up an environment to upload the files for each server etc, just needa give out logins to the server-admins (and finish the patcher)
Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Zordana
Sarnak

http://moestaverne.com/module/news/1...r+V1.0+Preview
Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 AM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Oh wow! What a major improvement.. Looks great!!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
orkim
Sarnak

Zordana,

The patcher looks to be coming along nicely. Just wondering if you were planning on having this open source at some point so others could hack on the code?

-ork