Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:42 PM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Default npc_spells_entries

Hey all, I'm very new to eqemu. I have managed to set up a server using the following link for linux.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server#-deb...tucentosfedora

Every thing is working pretty good and I'm learning about the database structure. The issue/problem that I'm having is changing the spells that NPC cast, specifically Phinigel Autropos. It seems that when I re-spawn him he casts some buffs on himself ie., manaskin and arch shielding. Then when he is engaged he has some other spells he cast ie., Inferno of Al'kabor. I looked in the npc_types table to get his (spell list) npc_spells_id which is 1346 but when I go to the npc_spells_entries table and do a search for that npc_spells_id of 1346 it returns no results. I have created a new entry in the npc_spells_entries table for testing and assigned him the spell enticement of flame and he casts that when engaged. I guess my question is how would I go about changing the buffs that he casts when spawned as well as the spells that he cast when enganged. Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:36 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

There are no spells assigned to 1346. The only thing attached to 1346 is an attack proc of Pillage Enchantment. The spell set does have a parent list of 2 set though. This is the default wizard spell set so that's why he's casting Manaskin and stuff.

You could remove the parent list and just assign spells directly to 1346 if you wanted.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:23 AM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Thanks so much for your quick reply it is greatly appreciated. What you said makes, sense I'm at work now but as soon as I get home I will try it. I did see two as the parent group now that I know it's associated with the wizard default spells that would be helpful. What table is the wizard default spells located in so I could just those there?

Thanks again I appreciate your help