Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 07:32 AM
macdaddy02
Fire Beetle

Default Throne of Heroes always held down.

I altered the Throne of Heroes to cast faster and the cool down to 2 minutes. However, I somehow messed it up and now it's always held down (red like it's on cooldown) but I can use it just fine.

Anyone have any idea why it's always down?
Old 10-26-2020, 09:34 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

This sounds familiar... Is it possible the spell timer and the spell icon timer are in different locations? Maybe the icon graphic is coded in the client and the spell change isn't affecting that? I'm going to look more into this, because I know I remember seeing this before.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:41 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Uleat has some information in here on changing spells. I don't know if your change is enough to break the link between the spell file and the database, but maybe you went too far?

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42183
Old 10-26-2020, 05:29 PM
macdaddy02
Fire Beetle

Not sure if I went too far or not, but I know that I've checked it over 20+ times and even compared it to the AA ability "Origin" to make sure it lined up the same and it does. However, I never considered that it was coded in together with the spell / icon timer so that could very well be it.

As I stated, I can use it although it's always pressed down, but it's one of those things that sticks out like a sore thumb to me because well I have OCD.

Thank you for the look and reply, I'll check the other thread that you linked and see if I can figure it out.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:15 AM
Wyka
Fire Beetle

r/everquest game review on pimion.com
Hi,

Can I use the codespells to interrupt casting "Throne of Heroes" accidentally? I've my songs on the main page of the primary, so I can put ToH on the secondary page on the primary hotbar I guess.
Closed Thread