Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

Can't fix broken..SOE broke those when they updated the client to dx9.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Yep, collision detection gone to shit. Would have required too much work on SOE's part, enter the Translocator.

However, there is one or two models where it does work "properly", which ones at the moment escapes me.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Chronicles of Norrath server description, states "working boats" ?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Chronicles of Norrath server description, states "working boats" ?
Ya I remember that, I need to jump back on there and test it out but I did at one point and they did seem to be mostly working. Obviously p99 added in levitate somehow to make them work, my levitate spell doesn't accomplish a similar thing so not exactly sure how they did that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Hmm good to know. But any type of "hackjob" to make it pseudo work is better than nothing.

Another question, does following the boat while swimming allow you to zone? I just really don't like the translocators for my pre-kunark server so ya xD.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:06 AM
provocating
Demi-God

You need the file pack from the website to make everything 100%, but yes all three servers have them working.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

If you search these forums the owner of Chronicles of Norrath-Provocating, gives some details on how to make the boats work. If you look back in my post history you can also see info as several of us had questions. Biggest thing is that you have to persistent zones. Anyway its on the forums, just search for it.

Provocating chimed in above =)
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Basically this is what you have to do, refer to my prior post if you want very specific details. First you need to make the zones containing boats 100% static, this will mean editing the source to some extent. Just launching the zones as static is not enough, movement goes dormant when there are no clients in the zone. The spawns need to remain moving even when clients in the zone are zero, at least the boats do. Having everything moving will keep the boats synced up. You absolutely have to have levitate on the boats, there are no options on that. The Kunark boat has several spots on the deck you will fall through, so there is that. Other than that it is all about timing, plenty of globals to keep track of the boats. You will notice I did hails in some of the zones from the dockmasters or the Dwarf at the Butcherblock docks, this helps the players know the locations of the boats.

You do the zoning by catching the boats next to last waypoint, gathering all the clients within the vicinity of the boat and porting those to the next zone. The boat has to be in the next zone and ready to receive players or they will hit the water. The hardest boat by far to do was the skiffs in Butcherblock, getting those synced up to the Kunark boat took me an extremely long time, probably 2 weeks.

They are 100% functional though, I know I have done hours and hours of constant testing and never fallen off a boat. The only time you would is if you went LD. But that is classic right?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Sorry for stupid question - they did make boats work on P99 - no? Or they made a work around like the above?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Yes, their boats work. They do occasionally get stuck from reading forum post. They went with more of a c++ solution on the transitioning of clients between zones. They also have to use a pseudo boat levitate for the same reasons.

Also, these solutions work fine with Titanium and Underfoot but do not expect them to work with ROF based clients. The X,Y and Z positions on those clients are different when you enter a boat. That is why you can have an Underfoot client see you just fine until you enter a boat with a RoF2 client. Suddenly the clients cannot see each other. It has been a year since I messed with it, but I see to remember the RoF2 client having it's coordinates consider the boat as 0,0,0
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Uleat
Developer

I think the model coordinates switched from actual to vehicle offset in that case.

Seem to remember something funky like that when messing with the row boats.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Correct. When using ROF, your coordinates are based off what they consider the center of the boat. As soon as you step off the boat you go back to normal zone coordinates.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:53 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Just wanted to mention something about this server (see OP), haha. Some people think these type of non-solo "grinding" servers
are not fast enough experience for them. There is a player on this one, who was just level 26 two days ago,(when I got db from
Sercrets) and just himself with a merc has gained 17 levels already without doing it 24/7. He's just really good at EQ and knows
his game.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I meant to play.

Instead I played Mass Effect for 14 hours straight.

Oops?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Iv been playing solitaire. And sometimes I go outside
Old 03-22-2017, 01:28 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

What is this "outside"?

Closed Thread