Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:16 AM
deafercon
Fire Beetle

Question Sinister Strikes (AA) damage boost hard coded?

(seems like this fits general Discussion but correct me if I'm wrong)

Recently I have been playing around with some of the AAs and came across the Sinister Strikes AA which increases offhand damage while dual wielding, but I'm unsure exact where that damage change is made. I saw an old post from a decade ago (2008-2009 ish) that seems to suggest it might be a completely hard coded effect in some files (attack.cpp?) Which is either enabled or not.
Does anyone know if this particular AA effect can be altered directly through database editing (using something like Heidisql) as many of the other AAs can be or would I need to actually make the change in the source files and then re build?
Old 09-30-2019, 01:35 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

It increases it by 1. This was verified by parses on live shortly before they realized it was bugged and changed the AA on live.

EDIT: It looks like I never fixed this ... Could have sworn I did ...

NVM, I did fix it. You can find dev quotes on live forums with old formula.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...tack.cpp#L2878 I even left a nice comment here :3

Last edited by demonstar55; 09-30-2019 at 01:41 AM..