Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:13 PM
evokane
Fire Beetle

Default I just cannot get this to work

I guess the best way to go about this is to explain the steps I've taken to see what I am doing wrong. I want to play solo on my own server with bots on 1 computer.

I have the RoF2 client - I changed eqhost.txt to reflect my ip and port 5999 for "sof and later" versions
I downloaded the EQEmu Server Installer Files from https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...lation-windows

I ran eqemu_install.bat with admin privilege, which ran for a few seconds and the window says press any key to continue, so I ran eqemu_install.bat a second time (which the guide did not mention so I was confused) then it starts the process which took a few minutes because of the map download, and I am under the impression it finished successfully since I had the options to enter a command #, which I did the bots since I want those. So that finished in a few seconds no problem.

So like the windows server installation guide says I changed the longname/shortname to eq1 and eq2 (I guess that's ok?)

And even though the guide then says I am good to go, there are more instructions.

The next section says
"""Loginserver Installation
The windows installer already pulls down pre-compiled Loginserver binaries, but if you need to download them again for any reason, you can issue the following command:"""

then a blue window with nothing that looks familiar to me. I am assuming it is for " if you need to download them again for any reason"?

Next is Loginserversettings
the only instructions I see in those 2 paragraphs have to do with a file I don't have login.ini. And after reading around this section of forums I see login.json and open it to see auto_create_accounts = TRUE so I guess that's good?

Next is
Setting up the Loginserver for Local LAN - sounds like what I need
I got my ip as instructed but again that login.ini doesn't seem to match the login.json

under
"database" : {
"db" : "peq",
"host" : "127.0.0.1",
"password" : "eqemu",
"port" : "3306",
"user" : "root"

do I change that host to my IP?

In a recent thread called Server Setup Guide Huppy says "(login.ini is no longer used, as of Sept 17,2019)" and to go to https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/
On that page I tried the Loginserver section leads to https://eqemu.gitbook.io/eqemulator-loginserver/
I do not see any instructions there.

But at the bottom of that page it links to "But setting up a new config is very simple, you can find it at Configuration"
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/eqemulator-.../configuration

It appears that is login.json - which has way more text than my login.jason
Am I supposed to copy and paste that into my login.json?

Next part of basic server install page says:
EQEmuServer: (eqemu_config.json)
"loginserver2" : {
"account" : "",
"host" : "192.168.197.129",
"password" : "",
"port" : "5998"
},
"localaddress" : "192.168.197.129",
Ok I added that to loginserver2, but in host and localaddress I changed to my IP

Do I not mess with "loginserver1" in my eqemu_config.json?

And finally I changed my eqhost.txt in eq folder.

At this point it says "Restart your server using t_start_server_with_login_server and you should be good to go!" but when I do I start popping lots of windows and after 10 seconds or so it keeps flashing and disappearing a window, while 1 of those windows says UP loginserver on then off then on then off until I click the t_stop_server.bat.

Also when I try to open eqgame.exe it brought up a window telling me to use some other exe which I don't even remember now, but after much digging around I found somewhere to add patchme to the shortcut, which then started EQ. No clue if I'm doing that part right either.

What a mess. Sorry so Long had no idea it would end up like this. I even tried another suggetion on a recent thread saying go to eqemu discord, which I tried to sign up for but says there was a prob and to enter phone# which I did and says it's an invalid phone #. I tried with hyphens and without, but whatever to that.

Whoever makes it through this thank you so much for any help you can offer.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

That is a lot of info...

I would start by downloading the latest (unstable) bots binaries - if you still wish to use them.

Unfortunately, the stable binaries haven't been updated in a while and do not include the recent login server changes.

I run my 'solo' server on localhost (127.0.0.1)

My ping times are around 20ms - which I think is the time interval for server loop processing.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-26-2019, 10:57 AM
rionthelion
Fire Beetle

I'm having roughly the same issue. Any solutions?
Old 12-26-2019, 10:58 AM
rionthelion
Fire Beetle

I'm having roughly the same issue. When I run the titanium client it says, 'connecting...' and nothing happens.

Any solutions?