Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

Default Skills Issue... Please help

I am using Akka's repack for my server, and I can't seem to figure out how to solve issues with class skills.

1) The trainers only offer language skills.
2) In my research to solve #1 above, i came across a script that is supposed to set character's skills to max each time they level. Problem is the script scribes spells and disciplines, but doesn't work for skills.
3) I tried giving the missing skills to each character on my server, but these "given" skills don't level up.

I've been researching this for several days, and am completely stumped. Can anyone please help? Aside from the pain of manually giving skills to all characters, my main concern is that even though I'm giving them with GM powers they might not actually work for the characters since they don't level up.

Disclaimer: I'm new to server development, mysql and perl. I've done a lot of research lately on all three, and am steadily building capabilities.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think I've seen this posted before..but, have not been able to find any actual postings.

Someone else very recently posted this issue as well...

Have you done anything to modify your local database? Or, is it all default?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Figback65
Discordant

I have never used Akkas repack, but one thing I would check is that you have skills set in "class_skils" table and in "skill_caps" Also if you use the export program in your emu directory it will export a fresh skill_caps file that you place in your client and this will atleast cancel out any communication issues that could possibly be happening between client and server for the caps side of things.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

I found one (maybe 2 posts) with the same problem in my searches, but they weren't answered. I simply installed akka's repack, updated it with his update, used his random loot tool, changed item information and different server rules. I didn't touch anything dealing with skills.

Also, my class_skills and skill_caps tables look fine. First time I've heard about export program. So, I looked into it, created an export folder and ran the export.exe... Still the same issue.

I'm clueless as to how I can fix this issue, and couldn't find anything in my searches. It's a bit of a game-breaker, too. Thanks for the replies!
Old 04-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

What do you have your Max Level set to in your rules? If it is over 85, I have seen it cause the issue where GM Trainers only had the language skills you could train. Check that and reduce it to 85 if it is higher then check the trainers. I hope that helps.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

This is getting really strange, now. I ran some tests to try and figure my issue out. I grabbed a 2hb with a monk, manually set the double attack skill with a gm command all the way up to 400 and I didn't see a double attack. This leads me to believe that even if i manually set missing skills for players as a temporary work-around, it won't work.

So, I'm currently stuck with no work-around at all and skills that characters don't start with can't be obtained. Is it possible something went wrong when i installed Akka's repack? My skill tables seem fine, so I have no idea what else it can be.

Apparent facts:
1) skills don't show on trainers
2) skills that I bump with gm command do not level up
3) skills that chars don't start with and I bump with gm command do not work
As an example, the following is the code related to monk double attack:

class | skill_20
7 | 15

AND

skillID | class | level | cap
20 | 7 | 1 | 0
20 | 7 | 2 | 0
20 | 7 | 3 | 0
20 | 7 | 4 | 0
20 | 7 | 5 | 0
20 | 7 | 6 | 0
20 | 7 | 7 | 0
20 | 7 | 8 | 0
20 | 7 | 9 | 0
20 | 7 | 10 | 0
20 | 7 | 11 | 0
20 | 7 | 12 | 0
20 | 7 | 13 | 0
20 | 7 | 14 | 0
20 | 7 | 15 | 80

I apologize for the subpar tables above. I don't know the fancy way to paste the info. Based on the above tables, I would expect the monk class to be able to train double attack at level 15, and level it to rank 80. Does anyone know what I'm missing? Do I possibly have a corrupt install of the code behind the scenes?

Thanks again in advance for any responses! This is driving me nuts =).
Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
What do you have your Max Level set to in your rules? If it is over 85, I have seen it cause the issue where GM Trainers only had the language skills you could train. Check that and reduce it to 85 if it is higher then check the trainers. I hope that helps.
IT WORKED!!!

You have no idea how happy you made me. So much relief... I've spent days (many many hours) trying to solve this issue.

Thank you!!! I'll go drink a beer in your name right now!
Old 04-18-2015, 12:09 AM
Uleat
Developer

Cheers!

And thank you Mortow!

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

ALWAYS suspect the maxlevel with shit like this, never forget.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Glad I could help. Enjoy your server.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:11 PM
gothmonk
Fire Beetle

Oldie but goodie, I ran into the same problem.. Somewhere along the line I must've thought it was a great idea to increase MaxLevel beyond 85. Once I dropped it down to 85, skills appeared on the GM trainers. Thanks again!
Old 12-25-2019, 07:38 PM
Uleat
Developer

[Necro...]

If anyone is still experiencing this issue when using higher than default 'MaxLevel' ...

Ensure that you have skillcap entries in your database for the higher levels that you are wanting to use.

There's no guarantee that setting MaxLevel above default won't cause other issues, however.

Compilin' Dirty