Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up A new server in the works.

Hi guys, first time posting here I think but I wanted to announce that i am working on a new server. And i will give you a few details of what to expect.

Story driven content - I have tried to make it driven and evenly paced enough not to rush through leveling and enjoy the content, The story is inspired by the Super Nintendo game Chrono Trigger, Without given away too much, it will involve a sort for of time travel, thanks to a few zones in SoD that will enhance the feel that it will bring you in. I want players to feel the story instead of it just feeling like another task or a plugging along feeling.

With this content, Boxing is not going to be allowed, and most content is group enabled. with Solo exp set very low and Group exp set to the point where just one person in your group will put you in the proper range of level advancement. With most bosses requiring 2-4 people starting at level 20, and a lvl 20 raid zone already made. I will be making countless things to improve the " want " to group feeling to make up for no boxing or botting.

A few classes have gotten makeovers, such as Enchanters, Rangers, Beastlords, and modifications to other classes to set them on par with the high level content. As a few notes with rangers, Hail of arrows type of style is going to replace all there spells, they will lose to the ability to heal however all spells will be replaced with a " New " shot system much like hunters on WoW, all skill will be near instant except for a few long casting high damage shots, with Arrows as a reagant, and high mana cost. Rangers will get high mana regen " much higher " then others on class gear to simulate a " focus " type of regen so rangers can use a wide variety of shots.

Enchanters will gain the ability to charm all mobs up to max level starting at level 1, " No you cant charm bosses heh " Enchanters are now one of the top solo classes on my server, as Enchanters are now migrated to more of a pet class then support class. Allowing them to heal there pets and a mixture of special pet skills.

This server will have many aspects to popular games, That i am not willing to release at the moment, the server is in very early stages of development and i am also changing sound files as an optional download, I keep playing around more then developing content, i think people will enjoy this server when its finally ready for public play. I will update this more as I deem more content info worthy for release.

P.S. IMHO Music and sound is much a part of any game, i think the new sounds and music added will add the feel needed to suck you into the story.

The server Name right now is Mirror's World: Edge of the Universe.

Last edited by ssarshikss1; 06-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Rangers get high, but not just for any reason.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

im down to check that out =D

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

I will be using twitter to keep track of all things i update on my server. If you wish to follow it if your interested in Playing it when its ready for play.

I may Have an open test in the summer to fully test group content.

http://twitter.com/#!/MWEdgeofU
Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Bladex
Fire Beetle

I'm looking forward to seeing it. A change of scenary is welcome lol.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

As a bit of addition, I figure i would give a taste of what to expect starting out. There is an NPC in the starting zone that explains all classes changes, rates, and explains this is a group based server. ( At first you can do most content with 2-3 people. ) But as you progress and gain levels, you will see you will need more group members to make it easier. A great deal of the server will be done in groups. And when you see how much exp improves in a group. Its a no brainer to group anyway will max lvl/AA's.

The First Zone is Stronghold of the Investigators ( PoKnowledge ) , You are newly recruited to an investigation team to see why there is an evil presence taking over the world. You are then assigned a task to assist the team member sent into crushbone, You then begin the journey into this area, and realize that the orcs are coming in mass numbers, and the leaders have gained enormous powers. After fully investigating crushbone ( around level 20 ) you are sent to find a Fallen Angel, This is the first boss that requires a group of at least 3 people. After you Defeat this creature, you then find an orb the Fallen Angel had, Holding it in your hand, you are sent to hell. And now you must face Diablo and His demons.

Without giving out too much info, after the battle, an unknown presence finds you and tells you the planet is under attack by a dark army, Returning from killing Diablo. You will Find the Planet destroyed ( The Void ), and now, you must enter the portals taking you to various locations in time, to find the source of this dark army, and put a stop to it. Only to realize, you have powers beyond imagining from a past life, and as you explore the time periods, you true power will be unlocked.

Thats it for now. And that basicly sums up chapter 1 of the server.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 AM
J3w
Fire Beetle

This, sounds awesome. I can't wait to try it out.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 PM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

I now have a site for the server. Nothing really in it atm. But its there.

http://mirrorsworld.webs.com/

I will be attempting to bring the server to public within the next 2-3 weeks possibly for Testing. If anyone is interested you can PM me, Make sure you use Seeds of Destruction client cuz that is the only working client for my content.

The server will only be open to those with SoD, and are willing to test some content, there will not be allot of slots available for testing, so PM me and we can discuss this further.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Once i sw that the Void zone is being used you got me there =D i love what they did when they introduced SoD great zones. If there is ever a testing phase for this i would love to check it out

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 06-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

This Server will be Available to Public Sometime this weekend, im fixing some OPness with cleric/druid/shamans atm and making a special Download for this. This public chance to play will be limited due to the world not being finished. But if your interested in seeing what content is currently available. It will be up sometime this weekend. Then it will be closed to Testers only. Feel free to PM me if your interested in being a tester.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

The server is now live for the weekend. There is a download required, you will see it on the motd when you log in. The testing is only for this week, not quite sure if it was ready for public testing, but i guess it dont matter that much =p
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 AM
notknowing
Sarnak

I can't seem to connect to your server. Getting kicked back to login screen.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

The same thing is happening to me also. Going to try to DL files then login again
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 AM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

Its a router problem, give me a min. i been fighting with this router for 12 hours.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Very nice music btw! Really nice touch
Old 06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

You might be able to log in now, still changing stuff around, server may need a restart.

Restarting