Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Gummys
Fire Beetle

Default Full Screening

I just got EQ emu working but i cant get it to full screen play.
Sence EQ live I used a normal monitor and now I use a widescreen, thats the only change from Live play to Eqemu play. I use 1680x1050 on desktop and same in game. I press alt+enter and just freeze/crash. any known full screening problem with eqemu??
Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

The Everquest client we use here hates new computers! I run a 64 bit Vista machine with a widescreen that runs 1680x1050 like you seem to be having trouble with. Because Everquest has such a terrible time with being minimized while running I usually leave it windowed. If I change it to non windowed it will sometimes crash, or flake out for a while. I also notice that my desktop will keep the gama settings from game when I log out. Overall, the Titanium client is a huge pile of crap, that Sony has long since patched... sadly we don't have that luxury.

I can play EQ for hours on my laptop and it runs just as good as if I were on my gaming rig... If I try to play on an emulated server, even my own, it runs horrible!

The above issues may be vague, but that's my point. The list of issues people experience running EQ on a newer system is long, and the list of random fixes that correct some of those issues is even longer... Your best bet is to just start turning stuff off untill it works, usually that means shadows. Once you find out what's causing the error you can start turning other things back on.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Lord_Vindus
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Resolution Problems

For resolution problems...

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=130568

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=129152