Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Yilness
Fire Beetle

Default Game crashing when returning to prior zone

I tried to search for this but I couldn't find any posts. This is quite a problem for me and has happened to me many times. I find that while playing on Bright blade I keep crashing everytime I want to return to a zone I have visited before ie: going from North Freeport to West Freeport and then back to North Freeport will cause the game to crash and a error report option to pop up.

Furthermore everytime this crash occurs and I try to reload my character and enter the world, the crash will keep occuring while loading the character into the world causing my character to be unusable.

Everytime I Had to create a new character and start from scratch... is there a resolution?

What is going on? Is there a resolution?

Ps I am a noob and do not know much about EQ. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:59 PM
haecz
Hill Giant

have you patched up-to-date?
have u tried #zone/#movechar to get them to lets say arena/oasis?
do you have a FW that block certain ports (happend to me before when i had Block all but defined ports and so on)?

any more info you can give would be helpful...
Old 01-09-2004, 06:26 AM
Yilness
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply.
I have a router firewall but I forwarded all my ports so that should be no problem from that.
The crash error generates a messaging stating that Sony detected that EQ has crashed and whether I'd like to send an error report to Sony.
The crashing seems consistent with everytime i try to return to a zone that I have already been in.
I am updated for the expansions of Luclin and Legends of EQ but I don't have any of the other versions checked when updating.
Where would u type #zone/#movechar? Upon receiving that crash error at all while playing that character. Everytime I restart the game the furthest I can reach with my character is the select/create character screen. Once I click "enter world" with that character which had experience the crash selected, it crashes the same way upon loading every single time. Is there an opportunity to #zone/#movechar the character at all in the create/select character screen?
This happens to my friend who has the a similar setup as me also but I can't seem to find any references to it in this forum so I am not sure if it is me who is doing something wrong.
Once again I am Sorry if these questions seem amatuer, as you can see I am very new to the game. And thanks for the help
Old 01-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Nova_Blaze
Fire Beetle

Are you using a 56k Modem.
If you are this could be the problem as the current eq is not really friendly to 56k..

A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on. ~ Samuel Goldwyn

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.-Mark Twain
Old 01-10-2004, 06:38 AM
pinchy184
Fire Beetle

I have the exact same problem on DSL. Is it a client issue? I only have vanilla EQ and Velious installed. My EQ cd is the original one released.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:58 AM
kdneil
Fire Beetle

Default Same problem

I am having the exact same problem on Bright Blades with XP. Everything was running fine last night. I zone and crash and now I can't get past the character sign on screen.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:36 AM
angst7
Fire Beetle

Default Agree...

I'm having a similar Crash experience on my Fragheaven.com server. basically I've found that leaving the char alone for a while (20 mins or so) and starting the client up again will let me back in. But it dies alot when I use Gate/Circle spells and move back and forth from the same zones. The server is running the latest CVS source (as of yesterday, the 18th), and my client is all patched up as of yesterday as well.

Kinda odd - I've also found that modifying the database to place my character in certain spots in Qeynos will let me back in too. Obviously this isn't an option for those of you experiencing this on a server you dont run.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 PM
dank
Fire Beetle

Default me too

yeah i have the same problem on that server, i am on a cable with win 98, 800mhz ->athalon<- might have alot to do with it. and also i have updated to the live server with all the addons, after i did this on the 14th of jan. i have been unable to create a new character in any server, other than addin my own thru eqemu-admin, there seems to have been a change in the character creation xml, the option to create the characters name seems to have been moved to the next page....or something

i now have learned to keep a backup of my eq dir in another folder, its only 3 gigs...