Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
ihearteq
Fire Beetle

Default Luclin models on servers without Luclin expansion enabled?

Hey guys. Just like the title says... I want to know exactly how to get luclin models working on a server that doesn't have luclin enabled (using the Titanium client). It seems like there might be a couple of ways to accomplish this.

I've read a couple of threads about this topic and it sounds like there is an "expansion variable" that you can change on the server side to enable luclin. Would it still be possible to keep the wizard spires, items from luclin, skills, spells, etc. out of the game with that enabled?

Second... How does the SoF client accomplish this? What is the difference between the way SoF and Titanium do it? I'd use SoF, but it's very buggy.

Third... when does the server tell the client which expansions it has? Any code reference here? Any sort of direction?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:51 AM
trevius
Developer

The server tells the client how many expansions are enabled when the client is connecting. Yes, you can enable higher expansions in the variables table and then manually adjust stuff to make the game mostly work like it was still an earlier expansion.

I wouldn't recommend using SoF, since it is pretty unstable, but I would recommend using SoD. The SoD client is much more stable than SoF and even more than Titanium even.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I'm gonna assume you are playing on P1999. P1999 doesn't have SoD support, so yeah, it's either SoF or deal with old character models. There's other ways on titanium, but it involves a great deal of ASM knowledge and for the average user trying to get on eqemu, it's probably not worth it.