Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

Default Mob pathing

I was zoning around to some different zones to check out mobs/quests/etc and when I got to lavastorm I noticed that none of the norraths keepers nor dark reign missions work (nothing happens when you hail and when you right click the adventure merchants they do not have any items). So after that I decided to do some exploring to see if there was anything else wrong and I noticed that a lot of mobs have pathing issues, especially the ones in the southeast corner (near druid rings). The mobs are popped way up in the air and dropped back down and when they come up to a hill they sometimes walk into it. I did #goto an underworld coordinate and there was about 10 mobs stuck under the world that were dropped down to where I could barely see them and popping back up. So before I tackle the pathing in lavastorm is there some other problem other than the pathing? If not I was wondering if there is a way to identify which pathing ID a mob/npc has been assigned? I know how to do pathing I'm just curious if I will have to start from scratch or try and do a #loc on each individual mob while it is stopped at one of its waypoints and matching that up with a waypoint to one of the pathing ID's? I am using GeorgeS NPC editor with grid editor tool which definitely made it much easier and less time consuming imo.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

So I went around and noticed a few more zones with pathing issues. I found that wakening lands and dreadlands have the same issues with mobs popping way up in the air. In everfrost peaks mobs walk through the mountains but do not pop up.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

I also noticed that there is a pathing file on the SVN and i downloaded it and do not know what exactly it is for or what to do with the zonename.path files.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
cylynex2
Sarnak

What database / build are you using? PEQDB is only up to somewhere in GoD, so any DON stuff isn't done yet.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

peqdb 1589 / eqemu 1612 w bots. Both are the newest right now according to the SVN. Should I try something else?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Got a lot of unrelated issues here lol...

1.) The DoN stuff isnt in, with quest commands you can give people the currency(radiant/ebon crystals) and with custom scripts you could make "merchants" that sell items for those crystals(it would be a hack though since as far as I know there is no code to support items requiring DoN currency like LDoN, however I may be wrong on this). To hack it in, would have to do something like have the "merchant" give a list of items(using the itemlinks) and then people can "buy" by saying something and having the merchant use the quest::collectitems(or whatever). That said, there is no scripting done for the missions either.

2.) 1637 is the latest revision, although I assume you are using the precompiled stuff, I can't imagine why anything between the rev you are on and the current one would cause pathing issues like that.

3.) To find out what grid a mob is on, open up the NPC loot editor, find and select mob, then open up the spawngroup editor, select the spawngroup you want from the top right window and then in the bottom right window it will show you all the locs that spawn group can spawn at, in that window there is a field "pathgrid" where you will find that info.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
Sarnak

Hey I appreciate the info.
1.) I gotcha, I didn't know if it was implemented or not yet and couldn't find anything that said yes or no. I might try and mess around with it, got plenty of other stuff to work on first though I guess with pathing in a lot of zones. Lavastorm is the worst and switching to the old zone made it even worse because all of the mobs are in fact set to the new one, there is just something wrong with the Z pathing for some reason. I have found a work around for that by just adding more points to the grid. Especially if you are trying to have a mob walk over a hill I have found it is better to have at least a few points on the hill and more specifically one at the highest peak.

2.) Yea I would assume I'm using precompiled. I'm new to this running my own server so not exactly up to par with the lingo :p. I just downloaded what the setup guide told me to except I just downloaded current vice whatever versions the old setup guides mention.

3.) Awesome that really helps out and I appreciate it. This will help me tackle Lavastorm and Wakening lands. Those are the 2 main ones that I have noticed. There are other pathing issues like in PoK where the guards walk through the city walls vice going to the archways to move into different areas of the zone. There are plenty of similar pathing issues where it is just a little off in a lot of zones. Just taking it one step at a time.