Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Default A Small Server Build Request

Would it be possible for someone on here who can setup a working server create a step by step video showing every step along the way on how to set up and play on a server and upload it to like YouTube? While some of the guides on here are written well, some of the steps can be kind of confusing (especially for people like me who have very little experience in this kind of stuff.)
Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Shrabok
Fire Beetle

Sounds like a good idea, but if you're still stuck I can see if I can help you via for example TeamViewer or GoToMeeting or the like.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

it's difficult enough to keep text guides up to date, obviously.

someone has recently shown interest in spearheading a comprehensive re-write of the build, compilation, and configuration steps for the wiki. it should be much easier to keep it up to date there (let's hope).
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ncrete View Post
it's difficult enough to keep text guides up to date, obviously.

someone has recently shown interest in spearheading a comprehensive re-write of the build, compilation, and configuration steps for the wiki. it should be much easier to keep it up to date there (let's hope).
Any idea when this will be up and running? In the mean time, would anyone be willing to try the video suggestion?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Not sure you realize what the offer of TeamViewer entailed... Sharbok essentially offered to set up a working server for you... literally.

Just FYI...very rarely are "video" how-to's really as comprehensive as a good written tutorial. The old adage of "the book was better than the movie" applies.

When I got stuck setting up my router and also on getting some tools working someone on these boards offered to help me via TeamView... turned a multi-day hair puller into BAM Done! Since then I have mostly figured out how to get things going
Old 02-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Warking
Hill Giant

I was working on a tutorial for here a while back myself but it soon was obsolete. Also, not every server is the same. For example, my server has direct outside access enabled and not through another site.