Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:36 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Default Web-based LootEditor

I've been working on a web-based server administration interface. I originally started this just for my own personal use. I'd used Sandy's looteditor up until this point but got frustrated to the point of pulling my hair out. It takes up to 5 mins to load a zone sometimes, locks up frequently and the most annoying thing, you CANT delete an item from a lootdroptable =\

Anyways. I have finished up all the looteditor features. I've used the program for testing purposes and I haven't found anybugs yet. I will release the source for it, but for now i just have a test database up that this page interacts with. This is NOT the live peq classic db, so feel free to delete items, move around loottables etc. try all the features out.

Let me know if you discover any breaking bugs. Or have any suggestions as to how i can improve it. I'm probably going to wait on releasing the source until I've implemented the vendor and faction editing areas of this tool.

------

-Completed Faction editing, all aspects.

-Completed "FactionEditor" section

-Added NPC, Spawn, Merchant and Faction Editing framework.
-Added tooltip to the "Add a lootdrop table" area that contains names of all the items inside.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:40 PM
kidder
Fire Beetle

Whoa! That is really slick. Nice work. Can't wait to see the faction tool.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:43 AM
laendrick
Fire Beetle

Exellent work !

The last thing needed would be a guest login (for most common zones for example) and an admin login (using the server's DB for status, and a password you'd set inside EQ)

Exellent for checking tables without using the heavy EQadmin anyway, good job
Old 08-27-2004, 02:52 AM
killspree
Dragon

That's pretty cool, nice work.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Thanks. ya... i was going to add a login system before i released it.

BTW. just updated the page with a new system. instead of displaying EVERY mob. it has a dropdown box you select one.

Much easier. i think anyways. =)

same address as above.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:56 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I updated it. now it has a user authentication system.

Default administrator login is - admin : admin

If you log in as admin you can use all the functions, as a guest you only get to see the info, you can't modify anything.

The "basic" npceditor is up as framework. It's going to be extended to show ALL important database fields and allow their editing.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:44 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

New Update.

Got some teaser pages up for the Spawneditor and Npceditors

Shows the data for the sections, you can't edit the values yet for most of them. It's coming next.

The spawneditor is pretty neat. You can see all spawn points in a zone and which npcs are in the spawngroups. Or select a specific NPC and filter out only the spawngroups containing that specific NPC.

Let me know what yall think. )
Old 09-10-2004, 02:17 AM
kidder
Fire Beetle

This is looking really good. The faction front-end will be a nice too. This will make working on server databases much more accessable.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:57 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Thanks! That's the goal.

Just added the Framework for the merchant editor.

Faction framework to come next. then i'll begin adding the editing functions to all the newest sections.

oh ya, i also added pagination to the "Show All" results.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:18 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Added the framework for the factioneditor. i think that's all the sections i'll be having, so now i'll start adding editing functions for all of the newest additions
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Faction is COMPLETELY done. You can now modify faction hits for each individual npc on the npceditor.