Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
greyfox8888
Fire Beetle

Default permanent death server?

The thought of a permanent death server has intrigued me lately. Something like the old discord server, but PVE. Anything like that around?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyfox8888 View Post
The thought of a permanent death server has intrigued me lately. Something like the old discord server, but PVE. Anything like that around?
No, there is not. I had made a small source edit (on my old hard drive, which is sitting in my house atm) to allow a "chaos" pvp ruleset with full everything loot, de-leveled to 1 on death, etc. Even if you didn't get the kill, you could still loot it if you were first to get to the corpse.

Even NPC corpses could be looted even if you didn't get the kill. There would be no 'play nice' rules in the server if I had put it up either; players would have to solve things diplomatically, or go in full-out war.

It's a crazy idea, and I never wanted to put a server like that up because I don't think it would be very popular.
I'll try and get the diff for anyone interested later this week who wants to experiment with it.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 AM
tbrownmn
Fire Beetle

I would be interested in something like this. on a few conditions. loot tables would have to be much easier, maybe even randomized so any mob could drop any item. increased exp. and a safe zone with bank, aug pool, merchants etc.
would also be cool to have the #scribe and #learn.

im thinking fast paced action. like call of duty. build a char and fight it....die and start over at level 1.

if i put lots of time into a toon just to have it killed and have to go through regular progression all over...i'd just quit...lol

but with random loot....its all up to the dice how long it takes me to get back to the top =) maybe even implement the chance to spawn treasure chests when npcs die?

i'd like to play around with something like this =)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Scrooge
Fire Beetle

Hey Secrets, good to see you're still around!

I would definitely be interested in a Discord-like server, as well as some friends of mine who have retired from EQ completely, but would play a server like this if one was available even now.

We've played on the original Discord server back in '03, and while it was frustrating at times, every session was a thrill. I also remember most of the rules that were involved on that server if you need this information, lvl cap was 50, only original EQ content, full loot regardless of who killed what, including bags with items, among others..

I hope you acquire the support you need to give it a go, I'm sure you'd get a decent population if we spread the word around.