Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Varlyndria Server

I just wanted to show everybody in this fine community the hard work I have been putting into a server lately. Please tell me what you think and say hi on the forums if it interests you. The server currently has no official launch date but I'm almost done with the first tier charm quests for the 48 sub classes (paths) I am adding and I constantly keep it updated and go out of my way to test and balance everything I put in the game.

You can get a lot of information about the server and how it all works out with the link below.

www.varlyndria.weebly.com
Old 04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Really liking the idea's! Eager to try it out!

Last edited by satora54; 04-05-2012 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: re-wording.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satora54 View Post
Really liking the idea's! Eager to try it out!
Thank you very much, Satora.

I'm doing everything I can to make one of the greatest servers ever to hit EQemulator
and the variety and class styles that players will experience should hopefully keep a
lot of people interested in their toons for a very long time.

I'm sure somebody out there playing live was saying to themselves one night..
"Gee, I wish I could actually do something with the Ninja Star aspect of my cool monk.
Why am I forced to melee? Why can't I use these cool shurikens to dps?". You need
not look any further, oh shuriken tosser dreamer guy because I've got you covered.

Welcome to Varlyndria, the Star Thrower path awaits you with open arms.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Thank you very much, Satora.

I'm doing everything I can to make one of the greatest servers ever to hit EQemulator
and the variety and class styles that players will experience should hopefully keep a
lot of people interested in their toons for a very long time.

I'm sure somebody out there playing live was saying to themselves one night..
"Gee, I wish I could actually do something with the Ninja Star aspect of my cool monk.
Why am I forced to melee? Why can't I use these cool shurikens to dps?". You need
not look any further, oh shuriken tosser dreamer guy because I've got you covered.

Welcome to Varlyndria, the Star Thrower path awaits you with open arms.
One thing I've learned from announcing great ideas on a fairly popular server when you're a one man development team (which you seem to be) is that you need to be careful of other servers seeing your good idea and implementing it light years ahead of you.

I love your ideas and no I won't be stealing them
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
One thing I've learned from announcing great ideas on a fairly popular server when you're a one man development team (which you seem to be) is that you need to be careful of other servers seeing your good idea and implementing it light years ahead of you.

I love your ideas and no I won't be stealing them

Haha, well if people are inspired by my work than I think I've done a good job. If every server from now on starts copying my ideas I'll take it as a compliment and this thread is sort of proof people copied from Varlyndria if things turn up on their servers.

However, I released this thread because I should have the server out fairly soon and I need players to come check it out for some alpha testing.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Very good stuff. I'll be following.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra View Post
Very good stuff. I'll be following.
Awesome! I hope you find enjoyment with the server when it's released.

I just finished up the beastlord first tier charm paths and I am now working on the bard's path choices. Keep checking for updates on the main site. I'll also be updating the treasure area with more screenshots of updated and new class path charms.

Exciting stuff being worked on right now!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Is there an ETA on when testing will start?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekurth View Post
Is there an ETA on when testing will start?
I can't promise anything but I am hoping for next month sometime for Tier 1 path quest testing. I'll probably end up capping the level to 20 but keep in mind it takes a while to level on Varlyndria too. The cap would be so players can't get too far ahead but it does allow you to keep your toons on the server as well.

This is not official, just a guess right now.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
NoPulse
Fire Beetle

I must say, I'm very excited hearing about this server and reading up online about it. It kind of worries me that bots will be allowed as I haven't found a server yet that uses them and has kept my attention but none-the-less it sounds great! Have you thought of the possibility of allowing all classes the ability to solo instead through the one char and not the bot team? By using the charms and items to bolster their weaknesses in order to assist them in soloing. I wanted to create a server like that but alas, couldn't find anyone to help with the development.

Again though, I definitely look forward to playing on your server!!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPulse View Post
I must say, I'm very excited hearing about this server and reading up online about it. It kind of worries me that bots will be allowed as I haven't found a server yet that uses them and has kept my attention but none-the-less it sounds great! Have you thought of the possibility of allowing all classes the ability to solo instead through the one char and not the bot team? By using the charms and items to bolster their weaknesses in order to assist them in soloing. I wanted to create a server like that but alas, couldn't find anyone to help with the development.

Again though, I definitely look forward to playing on your server!!

I'm glad you're excited about all of this!

To answer your question: I mainly decided on the 5 bots and 1 character so players could have their own personal team that they could explore the world with and also to have 6 characters to equip instead of 1, overall giving them more to do and seek out. I am a huge fan of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series and one of my favorite features of those games were the ability to create my own party that I can control. It's much more fun to a lot of individuals to have that power at their finger tips.

However, soloist toons are not exactly hopeless. The enemies have had their health increased to be able to take on a single group of well geared characters but soloers should still be able to take them down, just a lot slower. There are many paths that should be able to solo effectively like the Warrior Commander, Vampire Shadowknight, Brigand Rogue, Earthguard Ranger, Spirit Warden Beastlord and more.

When the first series of testing starts up I will make sure to monitor this closely. I've even added single spawns for every one of the first tier charm quests so you can solo that mob every 3 mins if you didn't want to group/bot party.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:29 PM
NoPulse
Fire Beetle

Wow that's great! I'm definitely excited and would LOVE to help in any way I can. I'll be checking this thread and your website frequently for updates.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

So, how are you going to implement the diffrent class trees for bots? Or are bots just going to be reg classes?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekurth View Post
So, how are you going to implement the diffrent class trees for bots? Or are bots just going to be reg classes?
Bots that are the same class as your main character are able to be given charms, weapons and items from the path lines if you wanted to take the time and farm for them. However, they will not be able to use the signature click effects of those items. You cannot go to another class guild as your main character and do any of their paths. Overall, I figure it like you're the main champion of your group and are a complete bad-ass compared to the bots, the bots will never be of your caliber but they will help you succeed with their base class lines.

One thing that bots WILL have however, is the fact I am adding a lot of custom shops which will have plenty of gear for player characters, bots and pets. You don't NEED a group of human players to tackle 99% of the content but if you managed to get one together, the six of you would be much stronger than a bot group because of your decked path characters. I've made enemies drop ten times the amount of money they normally do, so farming NPC's for money will be a huge part of the Varlyndrian experience and will be well rewarded with stuff to actually purchase.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
NoPulse
Fire Beetle

If our playable character will be much stronger, will spells be bolstered as well? For both our character and the bots so they can keep up with our heals for instance?