Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-14-2003, 10:22 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

Default Played EQ for a year, is EQemu the same?

:!:
I am new to the EQemu community and im trying to get the general jest of how the game runs through the EQemu servers. Due to the problem with the recent patch I haven
Old 10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
NinjaBurger
Fire Beetle

From what I understand from some of my friends, (I'm also new to EQemu, can't play because I downloaded the patch recently =/) a lot of servers will let you get free reign, which is kinda what I wanted before I finally left for WoW or Lineage 2.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:39 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Some servers are legit. Some are illegit.

Here is the definition of each term:

Legitimate: Server administrator has rules that you will not break. You can't make yourself level 60 in a heartbeat with a command. You can't get any item you want. You can only travel the world and kill monsters that are beyond your power.

Illegitimate: Server administrator has no real rules besides avoiding abuse from one user to the next. You can fly, teleport, grant yourself uber levels, summon creatures and kill them, etc.

Every server is different. We are striving to achieve EQLive status. We will be nearly complete when every legitimate server has the ability to use the same functions and same basic game server as EQLive.

You can still group and guild, and there are variations on standard rulesets being created on some unique servers. Guildwars requires that you join a guild to get bigger than level 20, and guilds war with each other.

Monsters spawn. They wander around. They even hate you or love you.

eqemu is pretty sweet, and it's getting better all the time.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:54 AM
dcjoedog
Sarnak

but will it hug me on a cold rainy night?
Old 10-17-2003, 05:15 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Not will creepy eyeballs like yours... That avatar makes you look like you have crab eyes.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:56 AM
dcjoedog
Sarnak

those are sunglasses!! lol