Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 04:26 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

This is a very long standing problem, and actually it can be caused by a variety of issues. Some of them have easy fixes like an eqclient.ini change, or forcing the survey, but some are still unknown and have no immediate fix. I have a machine that has been doing this for several months, and at this point I have nailed it down to a hardware incompatibility or a system software issue in my case. The trick is, to keep trying. Eventually (one time I counted near 100 tries) I got in.

My 4 other machines haven't ever had this problem. 3 of them are running EQ using Cedega on Linux, and the last is XP, ironically with nearly identical hardware as the machine that does have the issue.

Consequently, this problem doesn't seem to effect the 0.6.2 client at all. (just to cover my own ass, don't ask about it, you can't have it)

Last edited by cavedude; 05-27-2007 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Dralanna
Sarnak

With all due respect cavedude, I can't see how it could be a hardware compatibility issue if it sometimes works. I can have two clients running on my machine and one will login and the other will continually get the error. I certainly don't claim to have the understanding of the emu that you do... so if you're positive thats the problem then I defer to you.... but it just doesn't make sense to me. Furthermore, in my tests I never have the issue when using a minilogin, only when using the normal login server which, IMO, points to the login server as the source of the problem.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:50 AM
chriztoffer
Fire Beetle

Bah am going crazy, in my 40 tries no to get pass the serverselect, worked great last night and now today I cant get in, and I havent changed a shit, and its the same as everyone else is talking about the eqgame.exe error.

Have to be the server from all others posts, cant be here at home
Old 05-27-2007, 05:53 AM
okiebronco
Fire Beetle

i recently started having this issue as well. in my case, i can get to the log in server just fine unless i have my server up and running. not sure what caused this but im open to ideas. this issue started yesterday 5/26/07. im running the current eqemu and sql. i just find it odd that i cant log in on the same pc that the server is running on any more. now if i get on the wifes circa 1990 computer... itll let me get to the log in server no problem and even log into the server
Old 05-27-2007, 06:19 AM
chriztoffer
Fire Beetle

am going insane now, 100 tries now and still not working, and I wanted to play all sunday buuhuuu
Old 05-27-2007, 06:33 AM
okiebronco
Fire Beetle

aha! i found a way to let me in!!!!dont know why.... but when you get to the log in screen ( where you put in your screen name and password. i went to options, and clicked the set to default. saved it and exited out. restarted and went back to options and set all my options back to how they were originally and magically i did not get the error again. let me know if it works for you as well.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:42 AM
chriztoffer
Fire Beetle

dident work :( guess am gonna try reinstall it again bahhh
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 AM
okiebronco
Fire Beetle

also i read somewhere here on the site that anothe rpossible fix was to make sure your computer screen resolution is set to the same as the resolution your game options resolution is set to. that fixed a friends issue, but wouldnt fix mine.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 AM
maudigan
Fire Beetle

Started getting this for the first time today. To help rule some stuff out, I'm using the CD's. I installed about 3 months ago as system admin, then i loged in all my guys, set up their user interface exactly how I wanted it. Created another login account for my computer that has no change rights to anything on the PC. I run EQ from there, the last thing I changed as the admin was a week and a half ago, and that was replacing the IP in host file with eqemulator.net. Since that time i've logged in multiple times, i've made no window updates, no system updates, no driver updates, no spyware, no viruses, no client changes, nothing cause I don't have access to.

Why does the login server send a survey?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:32 AM
maudigan
Fire Beetle

Hey, get this.

1. I type in my login and password.
2. Unplug my computer from my router.
3. Hit login fast.
4. Plug router in.

This gets my to the server select screen 100% of the time no SSSE.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:11 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

To all of you people conversing about how this error has been around for awhile and you got it too until *insert remedy here* this is not the same problem you all have had. Mattmeck's explanation makes perfect sense so just wait until they fix it. Until then, quit posting about how you can't get in because none of us can either.

P.S. The only person to actually suggest a way to bypass the CURRENT error is the poster above me and currently I can't test it because mine is working !
Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 PM
vanven
Fire Beetle

I am still getting this error frequently. Been playing for months and now it happens 90% of my login attempts.

-Vanven
Old 05-27-2007, 08:39 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
OK downloading and installing are 2 different things /boggle

New error since the change in hosting, i guess something is broke and needs to be fixed.

I am sure by now someone told FNW or Doodman, so just need to wait on a fix.

Locking because people arent reading the whole thread, this post from the first page shoulda cleared it up.
Closed Thread