Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

I've been playing pretty much since the beginning of the server and I have no complaints of GM corruption. I always thought that they were being one sided with me or my guild but when all the information came out, I realized I was wrong. There probably are some imbalances (I hear mages can nuke through walls now as per their bolt with its innate no LoS, which is pretty ridiculous if its true).

I played a wizard all through the melee dominance period (in which I was literally one of a hand full of people who played a pure caster) and I can attest to the fact that most of the imbalancing whine is made by people who are a) too lazy to figure out how to get around it or b) people who don't know any better. There are ways around every imbalancing issue and as a PvP'er, you should know how to get around them, ie I just never went into dungeons as a wizard because it meant an instant death.

There are ways around everything and every PvP'er should take pride in figuring out ways around it.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

If you like to pvp this server is a lot of fun, I have been playing here for few months now and it has been a blast. Have I gotten pked alot?? YES, Have I pked alot of people??? YES. PvP makes it more challanging to camp items, exp because you have to watch your back. To the guy that was saying you can't pvp here thats very wrong. If you kill someone and they come back with a group for you just remember that there will always be a time when you catch them alone and can exact your revenge. I know I have a few people on my /who all playername hotkeys. I keep them handy and when I find them alone blam!!!! Revenge is sweet.

As far as balance goes, there always seems to be one or 2 classes that are on top but the GM's seem to adjust (nerf if you want) the over powered classes to bring them more in line with the other classes. I have stuck with the same 2 classes (monk and shammy) since I started playing and I have done fairly well in both pvp and pve.

As far as GM service and hacking, this has to be one of the best EMU's for anti hacking tools, the warp detector does go off when it shouldn't some times but if it wasn't there hacking would be rampant especially because this is a pvp server. For a free server I think that gm's respond fairly quickly, we had an incident in plane of fear one of the gm's helped us get our corpses within an hour. I also had a bugged character one time, it took a day, but once NULL was online he spent 2 hours of his time troubleshooting and fixxing my toon, when he could have spent 5 minutes rolling me back. In my eyes this is pretty decent free service since these guys have jobs and lives.

Anyway, I just had to post soemthing about my experience after reading some of the not so favorable reviews, so if you like pvp and enjoy a little drama instead of the same old camp / lvl / quest grind come try this out.

Oh yea should mention the guys just added a few custom loots / mobs for us while we are waiting for Kunark to be released.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 PM
TheLieka
Developer

This video was created by one of our players (and no - we didn't commission him to do it :P ) - I thought it was really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNrTcR0wetk

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Just a quick update - we released Kunark on Monday. If you haven't tried us out, or have been away for a bit, now is a great time to join or rejoin.

Dax

Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Bullet2300
Fire Beetle

How many concurrent users do you have online on average?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Higher than we've ever had.

I haven't been closely following it, but I've heard numbers over 200 for the past 2 nights.

Dax

Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
TheLieka
Developer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AvPpe7d4lU << Mass Guild PVP in Sebilis yesterday.

Dax

Old 07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Cool, but bring back item loot =[ .
Old 07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan5 View Post
Cool, but bring back item loot =[ .
Item loot favors certain classes way to much, Wizards probably being #1, and bones other classes completely, Enchanters 100% sure on this one.

DOT classes get hosed too because peoples ability to escape while dying so never get to loot anyone.

Basicly, no real way to balance it.

When the server had it, most ran around naked or bagged at the first signs of PvP.

Those who didnt bag, still got looted by those who did, so naked people risked nothing.

Also, people form up gank squads, some even naked squads, who go after soft targets while avoiding people/groups who could actually defend themselves.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWatchdog View Post
Item loot favors certain classes way to much, Wizards probably being #1, and bones other classes completely, Enchanters 100% sure on this one.

DOT classes get hosed too because peoples ability to escape while dying so never get to loot anyone.

Basicly, no real way to balance it.

When the server had it, most ran around naked or bagged at the first signs of PvP.

Those who didnt bag, still got looted by those who did, so naked people risked nothing.

Also, people form up gank squads, some even naked squads, who go after soft targets while avoiding people/groups who could actually defend themselves.

And that my friend, is how the cookie crumbles.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Slipx
Fire Beetle

I'm down to play, but can't find my titanium CD and I have a new hard drive here with the other one wiped....Shat.......

this server looks like a dream, too
Old 07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Slipx
Fire Beetle

best server i've played on since Discord - highly recommend this server
Old 08-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Slipx
Fire Beetle

We have got to get the word out more about this server. Stealth your IP and login to SOD and tell them about it. There are pvpers there and it's a server with 350pop peak, I just converted 2-3 SODers to play on here.

Get your friends from work who like MMOs to play...not telling you to burn em copies of titani but make sure they get the damn game and get it installed, they'll like it...this server is addictive,

seems to be an xp bonus, my mage pet at lvl 2 was lvl 4, and between lvls 1-20 I actually had a pet that was red to me, lol.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
klamath
Sarnak

ive been leveling on tvzek got 53 on my char's and found out 12 people can kill faydar not all level 60's so i quit lol. It don't take any effort to kill names or anything and the pvp is not all that good.