Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Squarecircle
Fire Beetle

Default Craving old-world PVP so badly

It's been a long time since I've played an MMORPG, haven't really had the time for them, but the last one I really got into was Everquest, on this one month server they had called Discord. It was so fucking cool. It would've been cooler had someone proper been in charge, to boot out the hackers. We ended up PKing the hackers, anyway, but this one hacker killed two of my guildies. Just a death, right?

Wrong, on Discord you got reset to level one, when you died, with double experience bonus. It sounds lame, but it really was alot of fun. Our guild was Gnomish, and basically all casters, except for this one gnome SK that always died around level 16

It really was great. I miss it so badly. I would really love to dedicated time and money to some kind of cause to get this up and going, and dedicated! I know people will flock to it. 'Free PVP, hackers not tolerated'...I guarantee, I could hit up some old forums and get lots of old pvpers very interested in the server. And they'd stay, because even when you die, it's fun to level up again.

edit- Some crazy happenings occured though. I remember we had a guild xp group in Mistmoore and we were all low for the zone pre-20 and some lvl 1 pally with the speedhack would keep running in and train us. It was fun though, to get away from dangers like that, that would only occur on that type of server. Another one of my guildies fell through the ground in ak anon and reset his lvl 22 enchanter to lvl 1, no questions asked. One guy, 42 necro, was soloing specs in Oasis and screwed up, died, and got reset to level 1. just pure crazyness. and I loved it. Someone in your guild acts dumb or greedy, and it's obvious they're being a dick, take em down to like 5% hp and listen to them beg over teamspeak. comedy gold.

so, are there any decent pvp servers at all out there for eqemu? which one is the most populated? Thanks for any information have a good one

good forum you got here btw .

-sc

Last edited by Squarecircle; 04-01-2007 at 01:22 AM..
Old 04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

cohpvp is the best by far. Its only in beta so not many people are on but I am a lot of the time under different pseudonyms
Old 04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Justin22290
Fire Beetle

Default i concur

I really can see coh becoming what everyone has been craving as a PvP server.

highly recommended