Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:30 PM
chronic27886
Fire Beetle

Default eqgame.exe has encountered an error

Hi all. Have a problem with eqemu. I have fully removed and redownloaded Titanium several times, being sure not to patch anything. After i enter my name and password, before the server select screen load, i get the error message saying eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Anyone know how this problem can be solved? Thanks
Old 05-26-2007, 04:19 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic27886
I have fully removed and redownloaded Titanium several times, being sure not to patch anything.
See the part in red?

Thats the issue, EQEmu works off the fresh install off the DISKS, no downloads work.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Not to be a pain, but it seems like I have been seeing a bunch of these errors lately. Personaly, I have never had the issue, but it doest bring up some questions? What is everyone doing wrong. Could it possibly be a bunch of new users on some prebuilt vista oem machines or something..... hmmmm
Old 05-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Dralanna
Sarnak

I don't think the problem is on the client side. One day I log on with no problem.... the next day it takes me 50 attempts to log in. Sometimes the error happens right away.... sometimes it doesn't happen till the server select screen.

Check out this post

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...350#post131350

I'm betting that something like that is closer to the truth of whats going on.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:54 PM
mattmeck

Different issue here for this person.

He is getting an error because he is not using Titanium off the disks.

The same error can happen for many different reasons, don't confuse this person by showing whats wrong with someone else.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Dralanna
Sarnak

Huh.... I thought you get a different error if you're using an incorrect version.

Since he mentioned not patching, I just figured he meant "reinstalled" instead of "redownloaded". But you're right, I should've waited till the OP made that distinction.

My appologies
Old 05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Pebblez
Fire Beetle

sadly i get the same errors when ever i try to hit server select :( .... and i gotz the titanium cds siting in front of me.....

hey Matty btw :P
Old 05-26-2007, 05:31 PM
chronic27886
Fire Beetle

Me again. Mattmeck what i meant was i redownloaded it several times from the disc. I have a fresh install. However i continue to get this error. Im not downloading it via the web, nor am i patching any at all. This time though, it will let me in for maybe, 30 minutes to an hour to play, then im booted right back out by the exact same error.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:33 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Im not trying to confuse, but I am just seeing several people having these random crashes. I doubt the just out of the blue all these people are have issues because they downloaded the game, instead of CDs. Some people say they have the cd's.

To solve a problem you have to reduce the varibles with questions like,

1. Has the loginserver been altered in anyway over the past week or two, even the smallest change.

2. Are there any possible Windows Updates that have come available that are for XP 2000 and Vista that are crucial updates like a kernel change or something.

3. Driver updates recently from Ati, Nvidia, Intel that could lead to a issue with EQ.

The last one could only be figured out by finding out what graphics everyone that is having issues are running. The first is easliy solved by a dev saying that it has or has not been changed recently. The second one is a bit trickier has everyone that is having problems would have to check there most recent updates and cross reference them with other OS updates and see if there is a similar one and it is indeed a major update.

We can rule out that the Client is the issue as even CD users are getting the issue and no one is updating. All the clients are the same unless you download it, even then I dont think you can direct download the titanium client. Understandably though, if you do download the client from SOE, of course it will not work because it is not the CDs

I think the error for a incompatible client or like a updated/non-updated one is like 1017 or something like that, unless its changed, i just remember that back when we was chasing Live, not a crash of the client itself. Just a connection notice.

Last edited by techguy84; 05-27-2007 at 01:38 AM..
Old 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
chronic27886
Fire Beetle

ok here my situation, i have a fresh instal from the titanium cd's. i have not updated my windows xp now any of my drivers. everything is set exactly the same as it was before eqemu went down a few days ago, nothing at all has changed. i havent patched eq at all. i never got this error before the site went down the other day, perhaps just maybe something got screwed up when the site went down? might be something there
Old 05-26-2007, 05:51 PM
mattmeck

OK downloading and installing are 2 different things /boggle

New error since the change in hosting, i guess something is broke and needs to be fixed.

I am sure by now someone told FNW or Doodman, so just need to wait on a fix.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:32 PM
rulbak
Fire Beetle

I was having the same problem after wipeing and going back to xp from vista.
are any of you having the problem use a VIA chipset motherboard? after i updated my 4n1 drivers, the game started working again!

here is the link to d/l http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2
Old 05-26-2007, 08:04 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Never though of hosting, but I guess that affects the LS too, DOH :>
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Bjerlk
Fire Beetle

I actually havent had this trouble until yesterday...
And the only thing I know I did before that is to install the april edition of directx...

And now after that I get alot of SSSE errors over and over again.. And apparently I cant remove the upgrade of DirectX...

maybe this will shed some light into the troubles? Might it be sound issues on the server select or... hmm...

Need to investigate further...
Old 05-27-2007, 02:19 AM
tyranoth
Fire Beetle

i think the link the post about SSSE errors sounds pretty much what the problem could be as that is exactly when my computer hangs and then after a second attempt freezes totally!

There are so many people getting problems with this could it be something server side? it confuses me that i can connect off of my computer that is hard lined to the web and yet i cannot connect off of my wireless computer both of wich are using the same internet connection*rather boggled*

*EDIT* my hard lined computer has now got the exact same problem!!

any ideas anyone?

Last edited by tyranoth; 05-27-2007 at 10:46 AM..
Closed Thread