Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Kimaera
Fire Beetle

Default Good Classic EQ Emu servers

Im looking for a list of some good classic EQ Emu servers. I know about Tallon/Vallon Zek, but i want to know if there are any non PVP classic or progession (up to velious) servers that are fairly populated on a regular basis.
Legit, Semi-Legit, or Non-Legit, it doesnt matter, i just wanna know what classic servers are out there.
Thanks in Advance
Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Try out Da Pirate's Cove, im lookin for new people to give me some imput, its very classic with some zone restriction if your looking for a very classic server please check it out
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Go to Google and type in "classic everquest"

-Wizzel
Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Kimaera
Fire Beetle

Yeah but Classic Everquest isnt out yet, right?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

EQClassic that i think you are talking about is not out, and has no actual release date as of yet. Many of us are waiting for that to be released hehe.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

EQClassic looks nice but I don't see the attraction really. If I'm not mistaken, it's running on a pretty old version of the emulator, forces the use of old models and an old ass client.

The only attraction I can see is pure nostalgia. And that shit will get old after you spend your first hour staring at a spell book while medding for mana.

Plus since they obviously have to distribute old client files I see them getting the hammer, unless they tell people to go find their own classic client.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

some of us really want that, and only that, old spell effects, starying at the book ect. EQClassic is not however running on an old version of the emu, as far as I know and from what they say on their forums they are not connected to the emu at all. They are making EQ again with all their own custom code, prob why its taking so long for it to be released.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 AM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Pretty sure they forked an old version of the emu, but I could be wrong on that.

They also, last I heard, don't have an LS server, they're using an old EQW to somehow bypass login and head straight to world.

Regardless, I wish them luck and hope they deliver something for people that want that experience.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Kimaera
Fire Beetle

i know about EQClassic, and thats all good and nice, but what im really looking for is a classic EqEmu server that i can play on right now. Im def. gonna try out EQClassic if/when they release it.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
klamath
Sarnak

EQclassic is using version 1.8 of the emulator. Also they don't have a login server u connect the old way with EQW
Old 07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
klamath
Sarnak

http://www.nugblazers.com this is the tankest server in the land. too bad its not in DEVELOPMENT ANYMORE :(

Last edited by Cripp; 07-02-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath View Post
EQclassic is using version 1.8 of the emulator. Also they don't have a login server u connect the old way with EQW
EQClassic is using a heavily modified version of 1.8. We've figured out entire structures, fixed the character creation bug which is in the bug in the above post which chances are you arn't going to fix , and we do have a loginserver, though we didn't update it for 1.8 yet.

We've also got working bards, and not your stolen WR code either, it's all our own content. We've got our own fear pathing system, not the one that was posted. We've got our own modified geometry maps, we've got working boats in a few days. And not the stolen WR boats either. It's our own system; you see, we don't run off stolen code. We run off GPL-licensed code, which is available for the public to use, unlike the non-GPL Winter's Roar/Shards of Dalaya, who still technically owns the code, and you even ran a server at one point using their stolen code.

www.eqclassic.org

Last edited by Cripp; 07-02-2008 at 07:45 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL, did Cripp accidentally hit "edit post" instead of quote? Looks like he removed Secret's post and put his own, but I could be wrong :P
Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Theeper
Discordant

Dear baby Jesus, .. please don't let this turn into another eqclassic argument thread, Amen.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Cripp
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theeper View Post
Dear baby Jesus, .. please don't let this turn into another eqclassic argument thread, Amen.
thats exactly what i was trying to prevent...

www.nugblazers.com